Heart Like Pudding

A/N.
At some point, when you look back at the life you've lived, at the people you love(d), at the places you once or still called home, you realise that the only things that keep or have kept you going is not just these people or things you hold dear, it is the idea of the importance and validity or impact exerted by them upon your existence.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Oh my God!

From my left to right, up and down, the living room was filled with sweet smelling flowers, my favorite, roses.
  I've never seen so many different kinds!

I shuffle over to the couch to find Sam sprawled all over and her mouth covered in chocolate.
I move closer to her to find her asleep.
  As if noticing my intense stare, he jumps up, making her land on the floor with a thud.

Jeez Em! Don't scare me like that ever again!
Rolling my eyes, I cross my arms over my chest and tap my foot impatiently for her to sit up and explain this madness.

She looks up at me and smiles, standing up quickly, she attacks me with a hug and desperately tries to peck me.

Sam don't! You have sticky chocolate all over you please! She tries again and I give her a stern stare before she succumbs.

Okay best friend, she resigns and flops on the couch.

I came home early from work, I was feeling really fulfilled y'know...

Sam! Cut it short please, I say, growing impatient.

Okay okay, I will.

I heard a knock on the door and I went to check who was there, I saw delivery men. Like a dozen of them!
I asked what was going on and none of them answered and they started bringing these flowers in!
When they finished, one of them walked up to me and instructed that these were for you...

For me Sam? I..

Emily, let me finish.

Oh, okay

He handed me this gift basket, she continued, pointing at the basket sitting on the coffee table.

So,I um y'know.. she hesitated before continuing. I took one chocolate out and helped myself but I didn't read the card! She added almost immediately.
You know I wouldn't invade your privacy like that Em, she says looking up at me with her fake puppy dog eyes.

Samantha George! I can see through all that show you're putting on I exclaim, adjusting my crossed arms on my chest and tapping my foot faster on the floor.
Firstly, taking my chocolate is already an invasion of privacy, I say and she chuckles.
Secondly, what if these were poisoned?! I asked and she rolls her eyes. Em, I'm still here aren't I ?

Okay Sam but...

But nothing Emily! Just open the damn card will you?

Breathing out, I reach out for the card and open it.

To Emily,

As an apology.

               David.

Is that all?! Sam pipes up.
Yes, I say shocked.

I never expected an apology from him and I feel my heart melting. I know it's not much and he must've found it difficult doing this.

Emily! Sam screeches cutting me out from my thoughts.

Yes Sam? I ask a little irritated.

Are you okay Em?

Yes Sam, I'm good.
Looking down at her I notice she has this mysterious glint in her eyes

Noooooo.. Samantha don't even!

She chuckles. Hey, what?! Trying to feign ignorance.

I join her on the couch and we tear up the remaining chocolates while watching movie series about an airplane with passengers that went missing for 5years.

Waking up from my little nap, I notice it's past 10pm. I nudge Sam a little and she wakes up.

Sam, let's go to bed.
Okay Em, had a nice time today, seemed like ages since we hung out like this.

We walk to our respective rooms and as soon as my head touches my pillow..

Snooze..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hehehe.. Having a lot of time on my hands these days so, another early update. Yaaayy!!

Okay, I must admit, David was so adorable in this chapter, #inserts crying emoji#

Let's hope he keeps up with it!

Love you guys!!
Muah!!

Vote and comment!!