♡13♡

Lana's POV
I've been at Marina's for two weeks now. She's been distant. All she ever does is work and sleep. I rarely talk to her anymore. Sometimes she works late. She says she likes her little job at the record store...or maybe she just likes to stay away from me. It makes me feel like she doesnt want me here anymore. Like she's ignoring me and just waiting for the stranger on her couch to leave. I miss her. Was it what we did that one night. Is that what drew her away? Did i make it awkward? I dont know. Maybe i should ask her about it. It 6pm she could be back from work any minute now.
2 hours later i hear someone struggling to unlock the door with the keys. Its Marina. She's stumbling everywhere with her eyes halfway open.
"Um...Marina" I looked at her with concern.
"Yeahhhhh" she smiled.
Maybe she's drunk.
"Are you drunk?" I asked.
"Im fucking knackered"
"Oh god. Why'd you drink?"
"For fun. I guess"
"There's gotta be a reason. Were you hanging out with friends?"
"Oh, Liz! You know i have no friends!" she laughed.
"So why?"
"I would rather feel nothing than confusion and sadness all day"
This seems like the perfect time to talk about it.
"Wanna explain why you feel sadness and confusion?"
"Yeah sure" Marina slurred.
She sat next to me on the wine colored couch.
"Its you" she told me.
I tensed up and asked "what do you mean?"
"You make me confused and sad. All i ever think about is if youre using me as a toy to get over your ex. Do you even like me?"
"Of course i like you"
"No, Liz! Do you like me? Do you like me enough to make me your girlfriend? Or is it all a gameeee?"
"Yes, Marina. I do like you. I just dont think im ready to be completely commited. Ive been hurt once, i don't want to be hurt again."
"I know. I just really like you. Can you keep a promise?"
"It depends."
"Promise me that if we were to become girlfriends, you wont compare me to anyone else and work shit out when times get hard."
"Thats pretty specific."
"Promise?"
"I promise, marina, I promise"
I kissed her forehead and she hugged me until she fell asleep in my arms. It was a uncomfortable position but i'd hurt myself before I even thought about moving her.

Lol i suck ass at updating