A New Day

Yay! First chapter! Enjoy.

Alex's POV

"In conclusion, the idea to fear the fire prophecy is unneeded and irrational. There just isn't enough evidence to prove it existed. Evidence points that it is just a hoax and couldn't exist. Maybe people should look at evidence first before randomly believing something."

I sighed as I closed my laptop. Finally, that essay was done. The conclusion was a bit too short for my liking but it's the minimum. I looked to the clock to see it said 5:15am. I decided that I shouldn't go back to sleep and went to get ready for school, making sure not to wake anyone in the house. I made breakfast, packed Laf's lunch, and spent the rest of my time on the computer.

One by one, everyone woke up. First Laf, then Dad, then Mom. I told them I had everything ready for them and they thanked me.

As everyone ate breakfast, Laf went to talk to me.

"What got you up so early?" He asked.

"I had to finish my essay for English" I replied. Laf gave a fake gasp.

"You waited till the last minute to do something?! Who are you and what have you done to Alex?" I rolled my eyes and pushed him away.

"Ha ha, very funny. Yes, even the best students procrastinate. You guys were distracting me all week and I was busy writing... other... things." He must never know of my Harry Potter fanfiction.

Laf rolled his eyes. "Well, don't make a habit of it. I don't want you to lose sleep."

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

Once everyone finished breakfast, Dad, Laf and I went to Kings high. Another day in... A word  I'm not allowed to use. You get the idea.

Aaron's POV

I was woken by my alarm set for 5:25. Ugh, I had forgotten the torture of waking up this early due to moving. I turn off the alarm and go to get ready for my first day in school.

Since, it's almost winter, I think I can get away with wearing a scarf and gloves with a light jacket without people being concerned for my health.

I made breakfast for Grandma and I. She was still asleep but I made toast for her when she wakes up. I ate my cereal and then walked to school.

As I entered the school for the first time, I noticed all the different cliques. Maybe I could figure out how to become friends with one of them. I took notes on who looked nice, who looked like jerks, and who were cute.

As I was analyzing, I got pushed to the wall by a tall kid with curly hair in a purple jacket.

"Watch it!" I yelled to him. 

He had an evil smirk on his face. "I'm sorry. I didn't see you there. Maybe you shouldn't wear so much stuff that covers your face and be more noticeable." I glared at him and the kid walked away.

I spent the entire beginning of school spying on everyone. The bell for first period rang and I went to my English class.

As I went to the room, I saw a boy walk in. He had brown hair put into a ponytail and blue, almost violet, eyes. Was that even a thing? He wore a green shirt and a pair of jeans. At that moment I knew I had a crush.

I walked in after the boy and went to the teacher.

"umm.. hi. I'm new here. My name's Aaron" I said shyly.

"Aaron? Let me see. Ah, yes. You just moved here?" The teacher asked. I nodded. "Well, I'm Mr. Morris. Wait here for everyone to get seated. I'll introduce you and get you your seat. Now Alex will have a partner for this project" The last part Mr. Morris said under his breath.