claimers and liars

"I— We should go back," I scratched the back of my head, unsure of what to really say.

"Y—Yeah," Monse walked past me.

I gripped onto the edges of the sink in desperation to compose myself back together. What just happened? I inhaled sharply and massaged my temples. If anyone walked in and saw me, they'd think I were delirious.

"Mariana! Get out. Get," I could hear Ruby chide at me from outside the bathroom. I peeked over and saw Ruby hold the bathroom door open, glaring at me.

"What's up with you?"

Looking around, he exclaimed, "Cesar! I've been texting you non–stop!" He peeked his head further into the bathroom, "No one else is in here right? Where's Monse?"

"She left a couple minutes ago."

The short boy dashed in and slammed the door behind him and pressed his small frame onto it.

"Why are you here?" I said distracting myself with his overdramatic tendencies.

He walked over to me and began whispering, "Cesars out there waiting for your ass! He seems pissed, but anxious and worried at the same time about something? Listen, I don't know, he wouldn't tell me. Just go talk to him."

I rolled my eyes and pulled the door open to leave.

"Wait!" Ruby called after me, "Let me hide behind you so it doesn't look weird and suspicious!"

"Suspicious for what?"

"Me coming out a girl's bathroom? People would think I'm a perv, and walk slower."

"No ones even out here, nobody's going to see you."

"Oh, you're right. My bad," Ruby peeked his head over my shoulder for a front view of our surroundings and laughed but shortly stopped. "Ok, go talk to Cesar," he said while pushing me towards the direction.

I turned around and furrowed my brows at him in annoyance. The only response I got back was him pointing to the direction he initially shoved me and pushed at the air, meaning for me to walk that way.

I rolled my eyes at him one more time before starting to walk off.

"Cesar?"

He turned around to face me, "Mariana, I did a thing."

"Tell me," I gently pulled his arm to lead him to the staircase in which we sat.

"Oscars thirsty, he always wants a girl. So I claimed you, so that he couldn't. Now he claimed Monse, I don't know what to do. I can't let this happen to her but I can't defy my brother either."

"Claim? As in, claim, claimed?" my eyes widened in disbelief. "Why would you do that?!"

"So Oscar couldn't," he spoke through gritted teeth.

I stared off into the distance and bit my lip, "Does Monse know?"

"What am I supposed to tell her? Oh yeah hey, by the way, my older brother who's the head of our local gang just claimed you as his ruca. I have no idea what to tell her, and to make matters worse, I claimed her in the summer too. It caused so much drama and problems that it almost pulled apart the crew, in fact is practically did. They all hated me. And it was all for nothing, in the end Oscar still has her. It's like shes his property."

I put my hand over his and lightly squeezed it, "I'll tell her."

His head turned to look at me and my breath immediately retracted. I knew exactly what he was going to do. I snapped my head to the side so his lips made contact with my cheeks. With the sudden miss of contact, I took back my hand and brushed myself off as I got up from my previous position.