lady pond

"I think we should get Cesar out the gang," Ruby blatantly said, walking aside Monse, Jamal, and I. Cesar had departed his ways with me once we got to school.

"No!" I shook my head and laughed in disbelief. "We can't do that."

"Why not? You want Cesar to stay in a gang?" he questioned back to me.

"How are we gonna do that?" Monse scoffed and walked off.

"Jeez, what's up with her?" Jamal looked in the opposite direction of her and made a face.

"Oh, maybe it's her menses?" Ruby shrugged.

"Her what?"

"Her lady pond has runneth red," he tried to explain, receiving a slap on the arm from Jamal.

"Lady pond?" I questioned with slight disgust.

"What? What am I saying wrong?"

Jamal and I said in unison, "Everything!"

I rolled my eyes and walked away. I went to my locker, twisted the lock, and threw it open. With my backpack uncomfortably slung over one of my shoulders, I tried my best to reach into it and pull things out.

"Need help?" I felt a grip on my backpack straps and it being brought off my body. I turned around in sudden surprise and was met with a familiar face, Cesar. He smiled at me and pushed the covering slate of my locker to the extent and pressed himself against it to get a full view of myself.

"Pre-cal? Isn't that a juniors and seniors' course?" he looked into my bag and took out the textbook.
[an: where i live, the math tiers go from algebra 1 to geometry, algebra 2, then pre-cal and calculus. idk if it's the same worldwide. i doubt it because in the show i know cesar takes trigonometry but let's just pretend lmao]

"Yes, if you'd like to know," I said, snatching the book from his hands and putting it in my locker.

"What? Has your 'lady pond runneth red?'" he quoted.

I groaned and rolled my eyes at the phrase. "Stop saying that. I've heard Ruby start today and that's already enough," I complained, gaining a laugh from Cesar.

"Not funny," I pouted.

"Muy gracioso," he smiled and quickly brought me in for a kiss. I felt his tongue hit the brim of my lips and graze over it. I placed my hands on his chest and gently parted.

"I hate hallway PDA," I said, our foreheads touching.

"So I've heard," he pecked my lips.

class

Ruby squeezed the eye dropper and let the liquids fall into the glass tube. He put the dropper over a towel and lifted the plastic protection goggles from
his eyes and onto his head.

"Will you participate?" he tiredly asked.

"Maybe when my lady pond stops running red," I mocked.

"Are you still hung up on that? I said I was sorry."

"I'm not mad, it's just funny," I chuckled and passed him the empty beaker. He snatched it, his eyes glaring into me.

"For real? I've been doing this mierda all by myself this entire time," he adjusted his goggles. His tone changed more seriously, "Are you and Cesar like, a thing?"

"Why do you ask?"

"So you are? You just answered my question with a question."