11.

"Sorry" Tamantha smiles and walks to the back of the counter and giving Dawson a pity hug. He rolls his eyes and says something to her and she looks over at me.

"Hey Remi come over here and meet Tamantha" Dawson said. Great. I make my way over to the front and she laughs.

"Yea... we already met" she says.

"Oh, well good! She starts Monday and you will be working with Tamantha" Dawson said spraying whipped cream on my drink. "Here you go" he smiles and I reach for the drink.

"Thank you" I said taking a sip of it and smile. It was really good, extremely sweet but I was satisfied.

"And write down your number and email for me so I can send you paperwork" Dawson says handing me a notepad.

"Her number? You are so sly Dawson" Tamantha laughs and he rolls his eyes. I write down my information handing it back to him and he smiles.

"Thank you"

"No thank you. I'll see everyone Monday" I say turning around. I walk back to my car, getting in and plugged the address to the house in. When I got home, I was excited to actually tell my mom I got hired on spot. "MOM!" I yell opening the door.

"Hey..." someone says and I look down the hall and James was walking up.

"Where's my mom?"

"On the phone" he said.

"Still?" I ask and he shrugs. "Okay..." I said about to head upstairs before James grabbed my arm.

"Did you get the job?"

"Yea" I said and he smiles.

"Good! Let's go and celebrate" he says and I stare at him. Go and celebrate with him? Is he serious? I laugh and turn around and head upstairs. You kiss me for the second time then tell me that you want it to stop. Of course I don't want to go anywhere with you! Ugh! Wait... this actually could have been my chance to spend some alone time with him. Maybe that was his way of asking me out? Ugh! Remi... he's your step father for crying out loud. When I reach the top of the stairs my mom comes out her room and smiles.

"Hey, I was just coming to get you. Ready to do some shopping for James's business party tomorrow?"

"You do realize I've been gone right?" I said and she looks at me confused. "I had that job interview today?"

"Oh right! How was it?" she said and I roll my eyes.

"Remi!"

"I don't want to go shopping. Just grab me something, okay?" I said going into my room shutting the door. I go to my closet taking off my formal wear and put on something more comfy. I turn the T.V on in my room and spread my homework out on my bed. My Buckeye drink kept me satisfied the entire night as I didn't want to leave my room to go eat. When I heard my mom come home, I hurry to turn off the lights and pretended I was sleep so she wouldn't talk to me. Or worst... have me try on whatever ridiculous thing she bought me.

After school on Friday, I came home and I heard my mom and James talking upstairs. I go to the kitchen to grab something and made my way to my room.

"Remi! I got your dress!" my mom said and I sigh and walk into her room. Before I could look at my mom, James was standing in the mirror with his bare chest while he was fixing his pants. We make eye contact and I felt my whole body heat skyrocket. I hurry to look away towards my mom. She walks over to me handing me a bag from NY and Company. I look at her confused taking the bag. When can we ever afford NY and Company? "Go get ready"

"Now?"

"Yes" she said and I roll my eyes leaving the room and heading to my room. I put the dress on the bed and decided to go take a shower. Once I was finished, I go to my bedroom and opened the dress. It was a plain black, off the shoulder cocktail dress. It was tight at the top and went out skater style at the bottom.