14.

"You know... a week ago, it seemed you didn't like that guy. Now you guys seem like best friends" Mason said as we follow his friends.

"We're not best friends, I just decided to give him a chance... that's all"

"And why?"

"He's just... not that bad" I said.

"Well good... now you guys will be able to be a big happy family" Mason said and I glance at him. Not exactly. When we got in front of the ticket counter, Mason pays for my ticket and we head in. To be honest I have never heard of a movie called 'Game Night'. Through the movie Mason and his friends were laughing and I couldn't seem to focus on the movie. I was too busy thinking about James and what happened a couple hours ago. I play back everything over and over again and I couldn't help but to smile. Gahdamn, he has me feeling some type of way. When the movie was over, the guys were busy talking about what their plans are for tonight. "Trying to hang?" Mason asked as we walk to the parking lot across the street.

"I'm actually really tired" I said. This is probably why they won't ask me to go anywhere. Why am I declining his invitation? Why don't I just go? Why am I eager to go see James?

"You sure?" he asked as we reach his car.

"Yea, maybe another time?" I asked and he smiles.

"Of course" he says. When Mason drops me off at home, I wave him goodbye and went into the house. It was quiet and I head upstairs to hear laughing. I look into my moms room as the door was cracked and my mom stood in her bra and panties infront of James. He was grabbing at her and she just laughs and I roll my eyes. I go to my room, closing the door loud enough so they know I'm home.

I can't be mad at him? Why would I be mad at him? I don't like him, right? Of course not? Besides... he can go do cute things with my mom because... they're getting married. I roll my eyes and lean back in my bed. Yea... they're getting married and we mess around. I am such an awful daughter, I should stop. I need to put everything to an end. I lean back in my bed scrolling through social media for awhile when knocks came at my door.

"What?" I said.

"Excuse me?" my mom says and she opens the door and I look over at her.

"Yes?"

"James brought tacos, we're eating downstairs" she says walking away from my door. I was starving so I wanted to eat. I head downstairs and walk into the dining room where Taco Bell was spread out on the table.

"I got basically everything, and the tacos are small so..." James said and I glance at him grabbing a soft taco and sat down at the table. I unwrap my paper and took a bite of my food.

"James, took you to his job... was it neat?" my mom asked.

"It was alright" I answered.

"You said it was a really neat" James says and I look at him.

"I mean sure" I said and he stares at me confused.

"Did you at least have fun?" my mom asked.

"It was fine" I answered and I look at James and he stares at me. I continue to eat my food and I feel his eyes watch me.

"So how was the movie?" my mom asked.

"Good" I answered with my mouth full.

"James said you went with Mason and his friends?"

"Yea I did..."

"So?"

"So what?" I said looking at her.