25.

I stare at him and laugh. Is he serious? The lady comes and sets our food on the table.

"Enjoy" she says walking away.

"You are so funny" I said and James leans back in his seat. "You're with the wrong person? What did you think I was going to do? Crawl back in your lap and suck your dick?"

"Remi..."

"No. You're only saying this because you saw Dawson and me and you're fuckin jealous"

"Yea I am" he says. Shit. I didn't know he was actually going to agree with me. I stare at him and look down at my food. I open my cane sauce and started to dip my fries. "You don't like the way I make you feel?" he asked and I ignore him. "You don't want me to touch you anymore?" he continues and I look up at him.

"Did you not learn anything from the other day? With your friend and Tamantha?"

"We're not them. And we will never be them"

"Never know" I said taking a bite of my chicken.

"Besides... the way I see it, neither of us will tell your mom"

"No"

"No?"

"Read my lips... no" I said again. "It's wrong?"

"It didn't stop you before"

"I was whipped obviously. I never had a guy touch me or see me the way you did. And I realize I don't need that now. Also, I'm no side hoe"

"I never said you were"

"You're with my mom" I said. James moves out of his seat and I watch him come sit by me. I laugh and move over and look down at my food. He leans over and kisses my shoulder and his hand rest on my lap. I squeeze my eyes shut then push my hair back. "Move" I said and he stops.

"What?"

"Move James" I said. He gets up from the seat and I grab my purse leaving the table. I walk outside and start walking across the parking lot to the sidewalk.

"REMI!" James yells after me. I pull out my phone and look through my contact list. I see Dawson's name and went to call him. His phone rings and there was no answer. I glance back and I see James getting in his car. I hurry to cross the street and started to cut through the grass area. I look through my contact list and came across Tamantha. I hurry to call her and of course she answers.

"Hey you" she says.

"Hey, do you think you can come pick me up?"

"Where are you?"

"Umm... by Canes?" I said and she laughs.

"Were you that hungry?" she laughs and I don't say anything. "Yea, I'll be there in about ten. I need to ditch this period anyway"

"Thanks Tam" I said hanging up. I went to sit down on the grass and took a deep breath. I'm not even turned on by James anymore. I mean... I am. He's still handsome, and he knows where to touch me. And he did just admit that he likes me. Gahdamn Remi. Stop it! It's wrong, he's wrong, and you're wrong! Leave it alone! You're just going to get hurt in the end! My phone started ringing and I look down to see it was James. I hurry to ignore it and sat there waiting for Tamantha. My phone continuously rings and when I see Tamantha's name, I pick up.

"Hey... we're here"

"Wait, who are you with?" I asked standing up and walking back over to the street.

"My brother" she says.

"What the fuck..."

"I don't have my car. I came to school with him" she laughs and I hang up. When I reach the street I see Tamantha and Mason and I hurry to get in the back. Tamantha turns around and smiles at me.