17.

Once I'm back in my bedroom, I hurry to shut my door and lay in my bed. Tonight just happened and I felt good about it! I rub my around my lips and just took in the fact that I just did that to James.

The following morning, I was up and hurried to get ready for school. I don't know why I was so eager. It's not like I could tell Tamantha her lessons paid off. I open my bedroom door and James was coming upstairs with a bottle of water and a pill bottle.

"Hey..." he says getting to the first step.

"Hi" I said tugging on my bag. I look down at the water and pills.

"Your mom" he laughs going into the bedroom and I follow behind him. My mom was laying in the bed with a pillow over her head. "Here you go honey" James says walking over to her. My mom removes the pillow and sits up in bed.

"Hi..." I said and my mom looks at me taking her medicine and she smiles.

"Things got a little too crazy last night for me" she laughs. Same here.

"I see. Well I'm leaving so I'll talk to you guys later"

"I have a client meeting this evening, I won't make it home for dinner. So I suggest you pick something up" she says.

"Okay that's fine, I don't get off of work till ten anyway" I said leaving the bedroom and heading downstairs. I grab my car keys and left for school. Once I get there, I stay in my car and waited till I saw Mason walking inside. I wanted to avoid him at all cost. The day went on and I was so not focus on classes. Apparently we should have studied because we had a stats test today and I'm pretty sure I failed it. At lunch as I'm sitting by myself, like every other day, I started to think about this whole James situation. I wonder where he thinks this is going? Does he like me? Do he still like my mother? I mean I think he does... but not as much as he likes me, right? I'm getting pulled into something that I'm not sure what it is.

"Why are you sitting by yourself?" someone says and I look up to see Tamantha sitting down.

"Umm... haven't made many friends. Wait... you have this lunch period?" I asked.

"Yea" she laughs pulling out her phone.

"I've never seen you"

"Because I don't eat in here, I leave and go to Panera or something"

"Oh... I didn't know we had open lunch"

"We don't" she said too occupied on her phone.

"Right..." I said picking at my lunch. "Can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"Have you ever fell for one of your... older married guys?" I asked and she looks at me.

"Why?"

"Just curious" I lie.

"I did. One time... huge mistake"

"What happened?"

"What happened? He had a wife... that's what happened" she laughs. "I fell for him because not only was the sex and stuff good but... he treated me like we could possibly be dating. Like we went to the movies and we ate dinner and we cuddled and shit. So obviously I was going to fall for him. He saw I was getting too attached and called it off"

"Then what?"

"I went crazy" she laughs.

"Meaning?"

"Have you seen the movie Fatal Attraction?"

"Oh shit!" I said and she laughs. "Like kill the rabbit crazy?" I asked referring back to the movie and she continues to laugh.