Chapter 14

It was finally the day of the quidditch match against Gryffindor, and Percy woke up feeling well rested. He took a nice quick shower before pulling on some extra layers and his Slytherin sweater in anticipation of the bad weather. Not waiting for Draco to finish getting ready (the guy takes literally forever on his hair) the raven haired boy went to the Great Hall for an early breakfast and enjoyed his bacon and waffles in peace with only a few other students wishing him well for the upcoming game.

He smirked when he caught sight of a tired looking Harry Potter stumbling into the Great Hall, as he finished his breakfast he noted how exhausted the other boy looked. Soon, Draco and the rest of the Slytherin quidditch team came waltzing in and took seats around Percy to be able to talk a bit of strategy as they eat before the game, Percy in front of Flint with Draco at his side.

"You ready with that trick of yours, Riddle?" Flint murmured as he gulped down a glass of pumpkin juice.

"Of course, Captain, the Gryffindors had probably thought that with the weather we would've backed out, but they won't know what hit them until it's too late," smirked Percy to the approval of the upperclassmen who grinned and clapped him on the back.

As the Slytherin team finished their breakfast they all trudged down to the quidditch field and towards the locker rooms with the rain already steadily pouring down. As Percy unconsciously willed himself to keep dry until he got into the shelter of the locker room, he realized that the wind was stronger than he thought it would be. Were the clouds getting darker? He frowned.

Focus Percy, you have to focus, he scolded himself.

Although the team changed into their green and silver robes with ease, some even joking around with each other, there was an air of seriousness that had enveloped them all. All the Slytherins in Hogwarts were still somewhat salty over the fact that Dumbledore -in a show of bias- gave away the house cup to the house of lions. This was their chance to slowly get back at the Gryffindors by beating them in the first quidditch match of the season.

Flint gathered the team around after they finished getting ready and looked at them all in the eyes with a fierce gaze that had a slight glint to it. Tuning out the captain's usual 'win or I'll beat you' speech Percy slipped on his semi-fingerless leather quidditch gloves and focused instead on the sound of the rain outside. This was good practice for him to improve his ever growing arsenal of skills..

"Riddle! Quit spacing out, we're going to the field now so have that spell or whatever up- I better not get wet during this entire game or I'm doubling your training menu." snapped Flint after he finished talking to the rest of the team.

"I won't let you down, Captain," replied Percy, somewhat mockingly, with a lazy two fingered salute and a roll of his eyes (much to the amusement of Draco and his other teammates).

As the group of Slytherins hefted their brooms over their shoulders and walked out of the locker room, Percy immediately shielded the others from the rain and winds with his godly powers.

It was getting considerably easier now since he first tried it, and due to weeks of training himself the boy didn't even have to focus much on keeping the rain from touching his team, almost as second nature as it was when he was shielding only himself. Perhaps his magical abilities had helped in developing his godly ones? in a way they were similar to each other and Percy felt giddy thinking about ways to study his powers and how to make himself stronger.

The cheering of the audience was buried underneath the sound of thunder and lightning, but looking up into the stands he was surprised to see the turnout, it seems most of the students weren't going to miss the first match of the season even if it was pouring.