Chapter 18

IMPORTANT NOTE: I FORGOT THAT GROVER WAS SUPPOSE TO BE ALREADY IN THE SCHOOL BEFORE PERCY, ANNABETH AND THALIA SO I PUT HIM IN THE LAST CHAPTER IF ANY OF YOU ARE CONFUSED.

The Friday before winter break officially started Percy, Annabeth, and Thalia took an 8 hour drive from New York to Bar Harbor, Maine.

After welcoming the son of Poseidon back, Grover had immediately went back to the boarding school where the two demigods they were suppose to bring back to camp were in, the satyr was now currently waiting for them to arrive. Sleet and snow followed their journey, the thought of the quest ahead made the three quiet during the ride. Their driver, Argus, didn't speak much either, but then again, he never did much talking.

Looking around the window-tinted SUV, Percy's gaze swept passed a thoughtful looking Annabeth looking out the window and stopped momentarily by Thalia Grace, the dark haired daughter of Zeus was sitting upfront besides the many eyed driver and had headphones on listening to loud music. With nothing else to do Percy settled back into his seat and let out a sigh.

After abruptly leaving the Poseidon cabin, Annabeth had soon returned to the room with Thalia in tow and briefly introduced the daughter of Zeus and the son of Poseidon to each other. The two had immediately sized the other up, Percy was the first to break the silence with a smirk and a mocking bow.

"You may call me Percy. The pleasure is all mine, Thalia Grace," he had said, offering a handshake which the other girl took with a grin.

"A true gentleman and a Brit, nice to finally meet you. Annabeth here has been talking about you for ages," the blonde daughter of Athena glared and smacked her friend in the arm, Thalia had simply laughed and turned to Percy with a glint in her eyes.

"I'm looking forward for our little quest, Riddle" The girl was smirking.

The sea green eyed boy merely raised an eyebrow, "Indeed," he murmured "I too can't wait to see how you do, daughter of Zeus".

Since then an almost competitive but friendly tension had enveloped the two, Annabeth knew that in the end they would either be great friends or would end up at each other's throats.

For the sake of others and for themselves she hopes that the former came true.

By the time the group arrived at Westover Hall Academy it was already starting to get dark. Stepping out of the van Percy pulled his coat tighter around himself as the cold winds bit at his skin, carefully, he examined his surroundings. The school stood on a cliff overlooking a forest on one side and the ocean on another. The big building before them hardly looked like a friendly environment for students to study in, if anything the teen thought that the person who designed it was probably a fan of those typical evil castles in muggle fairy tales with its black stone walls, high towers and giant dark wooden double doors.

How ominous, he thought sarcastically.

"Damn look at this place, it looks downright evil, as if school wasn't already shitty enough," Thalia muttered as she too looked around "huh" the girl said as she turned to the only boy of the group with an appraising eye. "You should be able to blend in just fine Riddle, you look like you can be some evil fairy tale prince." Percy snorted. He was wearing slim black jeans, a dark blue button up and a black double breasted overcoat with his snake pendant hanging around his neck. With his piercing sea green eyes, regal features and cold expression Annabeth couldn't help but agree with a slight chuckle.

"We'd better get going though, Grover is waiting inside." the daughter of Athena interrupted the banter before Percy could even retort.

"I wonder what made him call out the distress call in the first place." Thalia mused as they made their way towards the entrance.