Chapter 17

Not wanting to make a big deal of his leaving Hogwarts early for "urgent family matters", Percy said goodbye to his friends and a few others that weren't in Slytherin before meeting with Professor Snape in his quarters. It was arranged that the teen would be escorted by the head of the Slytherin house outside the school gates, which were beyond the wards that would stop anyone from leaving or entering Hogwarts without permission. Due to the tight security because of certain criminals on the loose, the school couldn't afford to relax it for a second which is why Percy would have to walk all the way out with the usually irate Snape.

If it were any other student, they might have been scared, or consider themselves to have come upon an ill bit of luck, being assigned the moodiest professor of all, but Perseus Riddle wasn't just any other student, now was he? Clad in black jeans and a button up shirt, the dark-haired teen had his duffel bag slung over his shoulder, his trunk already brought back to the Riddle Manor by his personal house elf. He nodded to the Professor who bowed his head slightly (Dark Lord's kid here) before leaving the castle. Percy made sure he had his main wand secured in his thigh holster (which was hidden from view as it was specially made to have a camouflage charm), his second wand strapped on his forearm (he was going to be using his extra wand more often from now on as it was specifically intended for situations like these), and his sword-pen in his pocket before brushing his fingers on the small snake brooch portkey his father had given him which was pinned to the collar of his shirt.

"Camp" Percy said clearly and not a moment later the world was gone in a swirl of colours and motion.

It was incredibly unsettling, it felt like he was suspended in perpetual dizziness for what felt like 15 minutes or more (transatlantic traveling through portkeys were beyond uncomfortable). Just when Percy felt like a migraine was starting to build he suddenly appeared in a familiar looking forest with only a slight stumble, glad that he hadn't lost what little breakfast he ate somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean.

Scanning his surroundings Percy realized he had landed conveniently by the entrance, where with further investigation, he noticed two figures in bright orange conversing.

"Annabeth!" He grinned "and Grover as well! What a surprise, last time I heard about you guys you were off in some adventure without me,"

His old friends welcomed him back with tight hugs and bright smiles.

"You've got to tell me more about Hogwarts, I've finished the book you sent me but I've got loads of questions," Annabeth gushed as they made their way towards the cabins. The young Riddle let himself relax into the familiar environment and got rid of the carefully created mask his reputation as a Slytherin and his lesser known identity as the dark lord's son created, Percy eagerly catched up with his friends and greeted others who happily welcomed him back. The son of Poseidon was able to indulge in a casualness he rarely displayed back in Hogwarts.

They finally arrived at cabin number 3, a low building with rough gray stone walls with pieces of seashell and coral making it look like the bottom of the ocean floor. All the open windows faced the ocean and let in a pleasant breeze. Percy opened the door and took it all in, inhaling the scent of the beach and closing his eyes, a slight smile playing on his lips.

"Good to be back huh?" Annabeth smirked as she saw his pleased expression.

Good to be back indeed, he mused in his head, thoughts already drifting to the upcoming weeks that lay in front of him.

"Oh Percy, there's someone I'd like you to meet!" the daughter of Athena turned and ran off somewhere, leaving the slightly puzzled dark haired boy to put down his belongings and sort through his stuff with the help of Grover. A while later there was a knock at the door and Annabeth returned to the cabin with someone in tow.

Percy raised an eyebrow at the familiar figure.

Dark spiky hair, ripped jeans, leather jacket and stormy eyes.

"Perseus Riddle meet Thalia Grace, daughter of Zeus"

THey finally meet ohmygod!!!

I know the chapter is short but the next one will be longer don't worry ;)

And thanks for the 800 people who follow this account! I promise I'll work harder to put out stuff that you guys will enjoy, I hope you like this chapter my dudes.

Have a good day,

-ThatBookFanatic