Chapter 36

Thanks @AthenaDragonshade for sharing me ur art! It genuinely put a smile on my face :D

The Perseus Riddle that left Hogwarts was a different one than the Perseus Riddle who returned. 

Although it was subtle, something about the boy had changed. Perhaps something occurred in his travels to the United States or perhaps it was simply just something bound to happen sooner or later. It was as if a hidden switch had been flipped and the fun and games were now over. 

The Slytherin still exuded that same nonchalant, confident charm that he always did but there was an edge to it that was noticeable to the people in his inner circle and those who were smart enough to pay attention within the House of snakes. Something about the way he held himself and the sharpness in his sea green eyes made it clear that he was done playing around. Never had he seem more otherworldly and intimidating and the new strange gray streak in his raven black hair only added to the mystery 

"Ah yes, an unfortunate accident with a potion gone wrong but it has a certain charm don't you think?"

He was less tolerant when others challenged him, Perseus was even harsh towards Malfoy whose prancing around with the former gone had been the start of some spectacular fires. He was pretty quickly put back in his place and seeing the blonde all sulky had been darkly amusing for the demiwizard. If he was to make an entire House fall in line, then fine, these are things he must get used to. The young Riddle heir was about to make some moves and clearly, big changes were going to occur in Slytherin by the next academic year. 

Now however, Perseus will sow the seeds of his plans and watch as the last of the school year plays out. 

----

Quidditch was still a thing. Being back on a broom again felt weird and the son of Poseidon can't help but miss Blackjack. The fastest firebolt in the world simply cannot compare to the pegasus. 

Gryffindor wins in a match against Ravenclaw despite Malfoy's and Flint's attempt at sabotaging Potter by dressing up as fake dementors during the game with Crabbe and Goyle (truly a pathetic attempt if you ask him). It was once again the House of the brave against the House of the cunning and as if Riddle would let anyone take the snitch away from him. 

After the quest, Perseus finds that his focus was sharper, his reflexes almost inhuman. A mortal doesn't stand a change against a half god. The more time he spent using his demigod abilities the better they became. The better they became, the stronger and the faster he is. Apparently, weeks on the road with possible dangers on every turn and a prophecy of death looming over him was the key in becoming a bloody fucking good seeker. 

Slytherin wins the Quidditch cup. 

----

Sirius Black was reported to have been within school walls, within a certain dorm if the rumour mill was to be believed, and security is tightened.

----

Hermione Granger nearly punches Draco. 

If Perseus hadn't been there, she most definitely would've. At last, he was and the sea green eyed boy saw her intentions before the Gryffindor probably even knew what she was doing herself. 

The moment Malfoy started taunting the golden trio about Buckbeak's imminent execution he really was not at all surprised when Granger took her wand out and held it threateningly underneath Draco's chin, reducing the blonde to a quivering mess. Even though he didn't really want to step in, the girl wouldn't have seriously injured Draco and his friend really did need to learn to stop being such a brat, Perseus had his wand out not even a second later pointed directly at the Gryffindor's face. House solidarity was important to show in a situation like this and would win him points amongst the others.