Day Nine: Planning.

You awoke with a start, gasping for air and clawing at your dry throat. Your body begged for water as you clambered out of whoever's bed you were in and towards wherever you thought might lead you to the glorious liquid life. Your vision cleared and you realized you were in a room aboard the Enterprise, well, you weren't surprised at that part, but you were in someone else's room. It was much cleaner and orderly than your room, which, depending on the day, was either saying a whole lot or just a fraction of a comparison. You made your way to the bathroom, opening up the door wildly and spinning the knob for the faucet. Water sprayed out, and you gladly drank from the nozzle.

"That sleeping drug really makes your throat dry, huh?"

You yelped, smacking your face against the nozzle and backing up. You rubbed your face gingerly and glanced up at the person in front of you. It was Kirk. You growled.

"Get the hell out of my sight before I do something I regret..." You murmured maliciously, wiping your mouth with your free hand, the other hand applying pressure to the rapidly forming bruise on your cheek. The water was still pouring out of the nozzle, breaking the silence. Kirk switched the water off.

"Lieutenant, I'm sorry, but I have to do the right thing for my crew-"

"And THAT was the right thing?" You snapped, making a wild hand gesture.
"You were dragging me out of a room and drugging me because I was getting a bit friendly with a criminal! What is your deal? You jealous or something? Because I can't find one single reason why you doing this is a logical thing to do."

Kirk fumed, his nostrils flaring.
"It just is. He is a murderer, and I don't want you to associate with him. He killed StarFleet members, and he very nearly killed you. You do remember being part of a research team at the archive just three hours before it was demolished, do you not?"

You grumbled. "Maybe. But that's not a valid reason, Khan didn't actually kill me, if you couldn't tell."

Kirk breathed out a sigh of frustration.
"And you probably knew his real name all along, didn't you? Wonderful. You need to figure out by the end of this week that what I'm doing for you is for the better, or you're not coming out of here for a lot longer than just a week." You recoiled in surprise.

"I'm not getting out of here for a week?"

"Nope. Unless you want to be put in a cell similar to Khan's for fraternizing with the enemy, I suggest you keep the escape plans to yourself."

You scowled.
"I'll have the cell, please. It's better than being stuck in a room with no windows. You're not my mother, you can't ground me."

"I'm your Captain, and I sure as hell can."
Kirk sighed and walked out of the bathroom, and exited the room. You slumped onto the floor, clutching your head. Your body couldn't take all the drugs that they were injecting into you, all the sedatives. You felt weak, and you could tell your mind was reeling, but everything was so foggy you couldn't decipher whether they were even relevant thought processes or not.

A quiet knock sounded outside the door to the room, and you murmured a quick "Come in". The door opened slowly, and a familiar face poked around the corner. Kyolla. You beamed, standing up on wobbling legs and walking over.

"Hey! What're you doing here? I thought I was on total lockdown, Captain's orders." You laughed lightly, sighing. Kyolla started laughing, and you frowned.

"What? What did I miss?"

"Nothing-" Kyolla giggled, regaining her composure. "It's just that the Captain actually trusted me to not let you out of this room. Lets go."

You grinned from ear to ear, slipping on some decent standard-issue StarFleet uniform and rushing out of the room with Kyolla. Much like a couple little kids who had snuck out, the two of you had placed pillows under the bed covers to make it look like "you" were sleeping. You walked briskly down the halls with Kyolla as the pair of you stifled laughs with each person you passed. You watched as the Ensign who you had originally labelled as timid and shy turn into an adventurous and humorous friend. You smiled to yourself, breathing out a happy sigh. Khan.