Everything.

Thank you guys so much! 836 reads in a month! I can't thank you enough for reading and commenting such sweet things! I love you all ;)
*later date*
[ Well now it's over 4K. Awh! I love you all! ]

"Spock, where is he?" You shouted, running over to the control panel, the glass retracting into the wall as you ran inside, feeling around for Khan frantically. Who were you kidding, he wasn't there. You stormed out of the brig, furious now. Kirk did this. He planned this with Spock. You rushed down to the bridge, but when you glanced inside, Kirk wasn't there.

"LIEUTENANT-!" Spock shouted, but you kept running, your feet pounding against the ground as your heart rate sped erratically due to stress and the sudden speed. You practically sprinted down to the medical bay, storming through.

"I own you. You are not to permitted off of this ship-"

"KIRK." You shouted angrily, interrupting him, as your gaze fell on the man he was speaking to. Khan. The anger drained out of you as Khan glanced at you calmly, almost asking what you'd do next.

"Yes, Lieutenant?" He asked, seething slightly. You frowned and sighed in frustration, sitting down on the bed opposite of Khan and staring down at your feet.

"It's nothing, Captain." You caught James nodding in your peripheral vision, and the corners of your mouth turned down. Khan caught this, and his head instantly whipped over to meet Jim's gaze. You blinked rapidly, coming to attention as a pair of men entered a staring contest, playing chicken. James scowled as Khan remained stoic.

"I've heard about you and the Lieutenant. Well, I don't want you near any of my crew members. If I see you try and talk with her again, I'll throw you off this ship, right now." James snapped, his muscles tensing. You suddenly realized the fair number of guards in the medical bay, as well as Dr. McCoy standing in the back of the room and trying to avoid any fights that James might start.

"Captain, do you really think you could? After all, you couldn't kill me to begin with back on Kronos. Do you really think you could kill me now when it's much harder, and when your actions will bring you hatred from the ones you love?" Khan glanced quickly at you, and you flushed. He was using you to prove his point, and you didn't mind. Khan couldn't die. You needed to protect him, now.

"Killing you would get me all sorts of medals, and respect. If the ones I love don't love me after I've killed you, then I shouldn't have loved them in the first place." James growled slightly, his eyes still locked on Khan's. You suddenly felt wounded at his words, and a pain shot through your chest. You didn't know why, you didn't care. Just... The fact that he'd stop being there if you started disliking him... It was scary. He was all you had. Khan couldn't be your forever, and you knew that, but it hurt too much to think about.

"Kirk..." You whispered, frowning slightly and reaching your hand out cautiously. As soon as it brushed his hand, he gripped you hand tightly, glaring at Khan. You suddenly felt caught in the middle, a churning feeling in the pit of your stomach and the familiar clench in your chest. Khan's eyes flitted across your face and you tried to seem strong and in control, but from what's been happening and what's going to happen to Khan... You couldn't do it. Your face fell as Khan studied you, and you hung your head low as Kirk still held your hand, daring your raven-haired lover to make a move. You suddenly remembered the moment Khan and yourself had been left alone after Bones and Kirk had left after the blood sample.

"Aren't you going to try to escape at least once?" You grumbled, raising an eyebrow. The whole "surrender" thing you weren't buying. It had been way too easy to do, and this man looked like he had a ton of tricks up those form-fitting sleeves of his. Khan simply let out a sigh, closing his eyes.

"You seem to be missing the concept of my surrender, Lieutenant. It means that-"

"I know what it means." You snapped, frowning and shifting your weight in your seat. You glanced over Khan curiously, a smile itching it's way onto your face as you imagined him being Captain instead of Kirk. He'd be a hell of a Captain, maybe a little strict, but still a great one. You'd want to be part of his crew if he wasn't, you know, a homocidal maniac, criminal, and too attractive to have a proper conversation with without blushing at least once. You realized you had been staring at the prisoner and you quickly glanced away, but still noted the expression on his face, one that completely mimicked one of Kirk's when he had just successfully wooed a girl. A prideful, successful, and a bit of a hungry look. He was soaking up your discomfort, and that pissed you off.

"Stop looking at me..." You whispered, frowning. He simply let out a deep, dark laugh, and you shuddered. This man, honestly. He could be part of a cheesy horror film. You glanced to the hallway as footsteps padded their way down them, the brig a fully functional room to hear whenever someone is coming close. An Ensign ran in, huffing and puffing, his hands on his knees as he sucked in a breath, walking up to you. You grinned as soon as you saw him, it was one of the guys in your class at the academy.

"Ryan Pommiere! I didn't think I'd ever see you again after the academy!" You shouted, smiling and running up to him, laughing as he raised a finger, showing he needed a moment more to breathe. He grinned, standing up to his full height, which was still a good two inches shorter than Khan. He had sandy blonde hair and brown eyes, pretty average, but he had the best sense of humor. He grinned, breathing heavily.

"Yea, me neither. Remind me before we go into space to exercise, this ship is huge and I ran here all the way from engineering." He breathed out, smiling and glancing back at the glass cell containing Khan.
"No fair __y/n__, you get all the fun jobs. I want to guard a murderer!" He whined, smiling and poking your side. You laughed and batted his hand away.

"Whatever. Go back to engineering, you idiot." You teased, and Ryan seemingly wanted to lean in to give you a hug. Suddenly, he stopped, his eyes slowly glancing over to Khan. Your eyes followed Ryan's, falling on Khan. Khan was standing from his past sitting position, his eyes giving off a hateful aura as he shot daggers through Ryan's skull with his glare, as if daring him to finish the hug. Ryan swallowed, laughed nervously and muttered a quick goodbye before running out of the brig. Khan's face melted of his spiteful expression, and he resumed his sitting position.

You had gaped at Khan, wondering why the hell he had been so... Protective, if that was the word for it. Possessive of you, maybe? But since then, you hadn't seen Ryan around at all, which caused you to believe Khan might've had a separate encounter with the other man. Ryan didn't just fall off the face of the planet- well, the ship.

"Lieutenant?" A voice, not Khan's, snapped you out of your memory, and you smiled weakly, not bothering to look up.

"I'm alright." You murmured before you even knew what they were asking or referring to. You realized your hand was free of Kirk's grip, and you glanced at the ground in front of you, catching sight of the bottom of Khan's leather pants and shoes. He was still there, good. You closed your eyes and inhaled deeply, exhaling through your nose. You cringed as a hand touched your knee, your eyes snapping open and glancing up. It was Khan. You forced a smile on your face, although you were exhausted both physically and mentally. Too much had happened in the past couple hours, and you were drained.

"__y/n__..." Khan spoke softly, his thumb brushing your leg slightly, his hand still on the same place as before. You sighed and stood up, wrapping your arms around Khan's neck and burying your face in the crook between his neck and collarbone. You heard murmurs from the guards behind you, but you ignored them as Khan held you close, his arms wrapped around your waist. You felt secure, not only because Khan was your height sitting down on one of the medical beds, but the fact you could hug him without hiding anymore. It was blissful, and you felt the most calm you had in days.

A soft kiss was pressed on your temple, and you smiled. He always knew, didn't he? He always knew when you needed protection, and he always provided it when he could.

"Thank you..." You murmured into Khan's chest, gripping his shirt tightly. A hand rubbed your back soothingly, and he spoke in a whisper.

"For what, exactly...?"

"For everything."