The Closed Door.

Sorry for the little wait. I promised you guys a chapter yesterday but never got to it, so here this is! I might add a second chapter today, but no guarantees!

You rushed down to the bridge, panting, out of breath.

"Permission to enter the bridge." You breathed out, and Spock nodded at you as you ran in. You found Uhura and swallowed, grasping her arm.

"Khan and Kirk, they're not seriously thinking about doing this, are they? He couldn't be serious, they're-"

"Calm down, Lieutenant __y/n__. Kirk will be fine, I think. He has a plan." Uhura cooed, pulling your hand off of her and rubbing your back slightly. You frowned. It wasn't Kirk who you were worried about. It wasn't Kirk who'd do something completely irrational.

"Whoa whoa, hold on now Cap'n. This door is very wee, you know, small. It's probably 'bout four square me'ers tops. It's gonna be like jumpin' ou' of a movin' car, off a bridge, into your shot glass." The speakers hummed with Mr. Scott's voice, overhearing the conversation.

"It's okay, I've done it before." The conversation between Scotty and Kirk sounded in the room, the contact grainy, but there. There was a silence after the last statement, and you could just imagine Khan's quizzical look. Of course it just looked more like a blank stare to some people, as Khan rarely moved most of his facial features. The most emotions he shows are when he's angry or stressed, or when he kisses you. His normally distraught facial expression softens when you kiss him, and it was pure bliss.

"Yea, it's was vertical, uh... We jumped onto a... It was a... Never mind. It doesn't matter.." Kirk murmured awkwardly, causing many people on the bridge listening to laugh quietly to themselves. A more straightforward word would be 'giggle', but you knew most of the men on the bridge would be lining up to cut you if you ever mentioned that they giggled.

"Did you find the he manual override-"

"The manual override, Scotty-"

Khan and Kirk both spoke at the same time, and you just envisioned Kirk shooting Khan a glare. Of course the Captain already did that already on a daily basis, but you couldn't help but imagine the conversation as you sat quietly in an empty chair.

"Not yet, not yet!" You heard, and then a chorus of muffled beeps came from the speakers.

"Captain, before you launch, you should be aware there is a considerable debris field between the two ships-"

"Spock, not now. Scotty, you ready?" You glanced at Spock, who held a brief look of offense.

"It's not easy-!" Scotty shouted in irritation.

"Jus' give me two seconds, alrigh', you mad bastard!"

The sound of beeps and whirs are the only thing you heard for a moment, the communications between Scotty, Khan and Kirk silent as we waited. You turned around slightly to hear whispers.

"Tell me this is going to work." Bones whispered to Kirk, his voice low and cautious. You heard a quiet sigh.

"I have neither the information nor the confidence to do so, Doctor." Spock murmured back, staring ahead of himself.

"Boy, you're a real comfort." Bones grumbled and stood up, walking away. You frowned, turning around and staring out of the window to space in front of you. There was space trash all around, floating mass and parts of ships. You cringed knowing that some of those parts belonged to the Enterprise. You let your mind wander in the cruel silence and anticipation.

"Don't look at me like that." Khan murmured, facing the back wall of the cell, sitting on his makeshift bed. You bet it wasn't that comfortable, seeing as it was metal and only had one thin blanket on it. You were secretly glad that the cell was temperature controlled, because you'd feel awful if Khan was cold at night.