Escape Plan.

The hours you had spent with Khan felt like mere moments in the grand scheme of things. You felt yourself being drawn to memories you had shared with Khan over the days you spent guarding him, memories that stung you to think about, yet were blissful when they were happening. It was a constant reminder that your time with Khan was coming to a close, and a constant reminder that you'd never be able to forget that ridiculous man.

Khan had been pulled away it seemed every hour to speak with Kirk, and the Captain looked particularly frightened the morning after the night you had been brought in. You hadn't slept much, despite Khan's soothing words and calm presence, because you knew he was scared too. The captain had walked in, his eyes glassy and his skin pale. Khan instantly stood up at his appearance, and the pair walked out without a word, flanked with six guards intended for Khan. All the other meetings had taken place in the room with you, hushed whispers and angry growls intended to be hidden from your eager ears. As the pair stood outside the medical bay, you tried to force sour memories away.

"Lieutenant?"

"Khan, I'm busy. For some reason Kirk wants journal entries on how you've been behaving, like that'll help any of this situation. You're still a criminal, and you'll always be one, so I don't see why we're tracking your behavior because it's not like you can do much worse-"

"Believe me, Lieutenant, I'll think of a way to make things worse." Khan spat, his throat rumbling with pent-up fury.

You raised an eyebrow at the man, smiling slightly. It's like he got offended if you questioned how insane he was.
"Oh, really? Well, I'll write that down in my little journal right here. 'Prisoner still believes he can make matters worse, even in prison. He really is a pessimistic asshole like I guessed when I first met him'." You joked, smiling and waving a small green spiral notebook in your hand. Khan scoffed, pacing in his cell. You shook your head and smiled, laughing lightly. He was such an idiot sometimes, he could never take a joke.

"Why are you laughing?" Khan stated rather monotonously, and you almost missed the fact it was a question as you looked up from the control panel that read his health levels. You didn't know it at the time, but it read his heart rate, and often when you were feeling miserable you'd glance up at Khan, meeting his gaze, and finding that his heart rate skyrocketed.

"I'm laughing because something's funny. Is that a problem?" You asked, drawing your attention back towards the control panel, and the journal. You hadn't actually written anything in it yet, no matter how much you wanted to write down all of the prisoner's snarky comments. You hated how interesting he was starting to become to you, because you knew that the pair of you could never be.

"Yes, in fact it is. When you laugh it distracts me from thinking." Khan seethed, but it was quieter than he usually 'seethed', since he did do that rather often. You couldn't help but raise an eyebrow once more. At this rate, you'd be stuck like that.

"How is my laugh distracting? Just block it out."

"That's the thing." Khan snapped, his back towards you.
"I can't block it out. It's... Infectious. I can't think when you're in the room. I cannot think of any way why the captain would only assign one guard to watch over me. I'm sure there are plenty of others who would gladly take your place instead of being in their boring lives, possibly monitoring fuel tanks, or checking on the warp core, for instance. Is that still dysfunctional?" He said rather menacingly, but you were still stuck on his other words. He couldn't think when you were in the room. Was that a good or bad thing?

"Are you just going to stare at me like that until your eyes rot?" He growled, and you blinked rapidly, drawing your gaze down, not replying. Damn him, and damn his voice. You frowned, glaring at the spiral-bound notebook before scribbling down an angry note about Khan. At least that's what you thought you were writing, until you focused and realized you had sketched a very rugged drawing of Khan in his cell. It didn't have much detail or much proportion, but it intrigued you, because you had drawn something else. You had drawn yourself in the cell.