THE TEACHINGS OF THE PROPHET

In spite of this trouble, the prophet carried on his work. Wherever he saw a few men sitting together he went and told them about God. He taught them that there was only one God, that he had neither son nor daughter, nor father nor mother. They must put their trust in him and pray only to Him. God was free from all evil. He had made the world, and all power was his. He could not be seen by human eyes. The souls of the soul returned to Him and were given new life.
Therefore all people should love him and try to draw near him by the purity of their lives. They should make pure their hearts, and control their tongues and their actions. They should not spend all their time in seeking after riches, or in satisfying their desires. They should always work for the good of man, and try to spread love and peace in the world. All these was taught by Muhammad. Yet people mocked and scoffed at him and injured him as much as they could.

BELIEFS OF HIS COUNTRYMEN
The people of mecca were idol worshippers and their temples contained hundreds if idols which they made offerings. These offerings became the property of the caretakers of the temple.
The central ideas of the Meccan's faith was that God had given the control of the world to other gods, and that these had power to heal the sick, to give children to the childless, and to take away hunger, that no help could come from God unless it had first been asked of these idols. The .Meccans would throw themselves flat before the idols, go around them and make offerings of animals and the produce if their fields.
Besides idols, the sun, the moon and the stars were supposed to have powers to give help if they were worshipped, and the people used also to worship sticks and stones, trees and sand dunes. They believed that angels the daughters of God.
To people with such beliefs, the idea of there been only one God seemed very foolish indeed. There were others who did not believe in God at all, or in the life after death, or in the day of judgement.

HIS WONDERFUL WORKS
It us not surprising that the holy prophet found the work which God had given him to be very difficult. And yet in the short time of twenty years Muhammad was able to put an end to the worship of idols in Arabia. Besides this, the Arab learned from him such a faith in the one and only God that it carried them far and wide over all the world as it was then known and thus just to do honour to the name of God which they had newly learnt.
In Muhammad's time there was no central government to keep order in Arabia. The whole country was divided into small tribal states.
The people of one tribe would quarrel with those of another and these bills feuds lasted to very many years. Little things such as an unkind word or a small mistake in a horse race, would lead to the killing of thousands of people and the enslavement of those who were taken prisoners. It was such men as these that the holy prophet turned into real brothers.
The social life of mecca had many other evils, wine-drinking, laying games if chance for money, and superstition were some of them. Wine were served several times daily in all houses. Yet as soon as the Quran forbade drinking, even the pots and pails for holding wine were broken in pieces and thrown out of the houses. It is said that on that day, wine flowed in the streets of Medina like rain water.

💝💞💝

Vote
Comment
Follow
Jazakallah🙏