JOURNEY TO TAIF

Seeing that the Meccans would not listen to his teachings, the holy prophet thought that he would try other towns of Arabia, and he therefore journeyed to Taif, an old town forty miles from mecca.
When the holy prophet preached to the people of Taif about the one and only God, they proved themselves even more cruel than the people of mecca. They laughed at him, called him names, and drove him out of the town😖. They set their dogs upon him and pelted him with stones which hurt him and drew his blood.
Muhammad walked on, wiping the blood from his face and body and prayer in the words:
"Lord, these people do not know what i tell them is the truth, they are doing this because they think it is the right thing to do. Be not angry with them, therefore and do not punish them, bug open their eyes to the truth and help them to accept it"
Sub Han Allah! What a love and a good turn given for such cruelty! A shining example of perfect love for humanity! At the same time it throws a great light on the depth of the prophet's belief that he was sent by God and on the strength of his noble character. A single man disowned by all yet going forward in the name of God, calling people to worship Him!
Truth cannot be kept down. Accounts of the holy prophet's teachings began to spread into the country. Some men of Medina came to mecca on the occasion of the yearly pilgrimage. They met Muhammad and he explained to them the teachings of Islam. They were much interested and accepted Islam. On returning to Medina, they spoke of Islam to their fellow townsfolk. Next year, many mire persons visited the holy prophet and all accepted Islam. They asked the holy prophet to come to Medina and make it his home. He replied that the time had not yet come for him to leave mecca, but he promised to come later if God so willed.

HIS FLIGHT TO MEDINA
The fourteenth year of the call had now begun, and the prophet with Abu Bakr and Ali and a few others was left alone in mecca amongst his enemies. The rest of his followers had said goodbye to their homes at the prophet's bidding and gone for safety to Abyssinia or Medina.
Abu Bakr often asked him to go to Medina but the prophet always replied that God has not yet commanded him to do so. The purpose of God has yet to be shown. Until then, every attempt to kill the prophet had been made by individuals only and each attempt had failed.
Every sort of persecution had been tried. But a drop was yet needed to fill the cup of the Meccan's evil acts. At last the hour came. Finding the prophet almost alone, the chiefs of the Quraysh held a meeting in the DU-UN-NADWA where national affairs were discussed and settled. They met their to decide what should be done with the prophet, some thought he should be tied and thrown into a dark room and kept without food till he died. Others thought he should be exiled far away.
But at last,Abu Jahl put forward the idea that several strong young men of noble birth and belonging to different tribes should be given sharp swords, with which they should attack the prophet, all together.
Thus no particular tribe of Quraysh could be charged with the murder. The Banu Hashim(tribe of the holy prophet) would therefore have to be satisfied with blood-money instead of punishment of the murderers. This plan was agreed by all.
Meanwhile, the evil plans of the Quraysh were made known to the prophet by God, whose heavenly messenger told him not to sleep that night in his bed. Muhammad therefore sent for Ali, informed him of God's command, and told him what he must do to upset the plans of the Quraysh. Ali must sleep that night in the Prophet's bed. He was to follow the prophet to Medina, after he had given back to the owners certain belongings which the holy prophet was keeping for them in trust.
How great must have been the faith in the prophet's goodness, that in spite of all the feelings against him, he should still be trusted to take care of people's properties! So the holy prophet told Ali to stay behind to do this work,and Abu Bakr was told to make necessary preparations for the flight to Medina, for so has God commanded.
After dark,armed men picked from among the Quraysh tribes, placed themselves outside the prophet's, ready to attack him as soon as he came out. When the prophet saw that it was dark enough, and trusting himself in the protective hands of God, who all these thirteen years had guarded him amongst his enemies, he quietly walked out from the back door of his house and went to the house of Abu Bakr. Both then started for Medina and reached the cave of Thaur, three miles from mecca.
The flight from mecca for Medina is a great day in the history of Islam, for the Muslim calendar of hijra begins from this date.
Next morning, at daybreak, the Quraysh were greatly surprised to see Ali getting out of the prophet's bed. Careful search was made everywhere, and a price was put on his head. Some searchers followed the footprints of the holy prophet and Abu Bakr, and reached the mouth of the cave. Abu Bakr, hearing the sound of their footsteps, was very sad, not for himself, but for one whose life was dearer to him than his own.
It was an exiting and critical moment . If the enemy had only looked inside the cave, the prophet and Abu Bakr would have been cut to pieces. But their trust in the strong protective arm of God saved them. Even in the hour of complete helplessness, the holy prophet's heart was a perfect peace and knew no fear.
"Sorrow not, surely God is with us (the Quran 9:41) said the prophet to his friend, and quieted his fear. Surely this could not be a voice from within! For the heart of a human being, as the prophet was, could not by itself keep so peaceful in such great danger. It was the voice from above, of God, the lord of all, which came to comfort and fill with peace a heart that was troubled for his sake.
For three days, the prophet remained in the cave. Abu bakr's sin used to bring news of all that went on in the town. At last when formal search was given up they came out of the cave on the fourth day though the prophet was still harassed by some trackers.
The prophet, with his friend reached Medina in eight days, arriving there on the 12th of Rabiul-auwal, in the 14th year of his holy ministry ( June 28th, AD, 622).
News that the prophet had left mecca preceded him in Medina. The people of Medina were excitedly waiting for for his arrival. Early morning, numbers of them went out some distance along the road to mecca to watch for the appearance of their master. At last, the long days of waiting were over.
People came out dressed in their brightest clothes, to greet him. Women climbed onto the tops of their houses. Everyone wished him to stop at his house. But he told the excited crowd around him that he would alight wherever his camel stopped. He allowed her free rein. The camel moved on till she reached an open space in front of Abu Ayyub's house. There she stopped and it was here that the prophet alighted.
The space in front of the house belonged to two boys who has no parents. They offered it freely for the building of a mosque, but the prophet would not take it free. Therefore they had to accept the price. The next thing to do was to build a mosque.
This was the prophet's first act after arriving in Medina. The prophet and His friends worked at the mosque with their own hands. All workers gladly worked without payment
As they worked, they sang together after the prophet;
'O lord! There is no happiness but the happiness of the life after death; so the help the Helpers and the Refugees'.
Then the prophet considered how he was to care for those people who had come to Medina from mecca. Most of them had live him mecca in comfort and plenty, but they had to leave their property and wealth behind.
So the prophet started a brotherhood between the Helpers, as the Muslims of Medina were called, and the refugees. Each one of the helpers took a brother refugee home with him, shared his house with him and gave him an equal share of all his belongings.
💝💞💝

Thank you
Vote
Comment
Share
👍👏💓