HARD TIMES AT MECCA

In mecca, the attack upon the holy prophet himself were increasing. Hus uncle, Abu Talib, who was one of the chiefs of his people and used to take care of the people prophet, was asked one day by the Meccans to stop the prophet from teaching. They even made a very strange offer to him. They asked him to take into his house the son of some other chief, and to give this young man all that belonged to him and to hand over Muhammad to the Meccans, so they might do with him as they liked.
"This is indeed a strange request"
Replied Abu Talib.
"You wish me to give my property to one of your sons, and to give you my nephew to be ill treated, perhaps killed, by you? Would even an animal killed its own young and love those of another?"
Disappointed in this, the Meccans then asked Abu Talib to stop his nephew from preaching about one God and the evil of idol worship. Abu Talib sent for Muhammad and asked him if he could please the chief men of mecca by doing as they wish. Muhammad replied,
"Uncle, i have much to thank you for, and should like to please you, but even for your sake i cannot do this thing. If you are afraid of the anger of the people, let me alone. I must preach the truth which God has revealed to me. I cannot sit silent and see my people come to harm."
The Meccans trued next to speak direct to the prophet himself. They sent a chief to ask him not to upset the peace of the town and to tell him that if his object was to gain honour or wealth, they were willing to give him both. If he wishes to become a king, they were willing to accept him as such, and if he wish to have a wife, the he could choose the best from all the women of mecca.
But he must no longer teach that there is only one God. The holy prophet replied:
"If you place the sun in my right hand and the moon in my left hand i will not stop preaching the truth. I will continue in this way till i succeed or till i die in this effort".
By this time eighty men has joined the prophet, sub han Allah!🙏👌👍👏
When people living around about mecca heard of the trouble there, they came to see for themselves what it is all about. The Meccans were angry at this and gave orders that the people were to be prevented from seeing the holy prophet. At the same time they decided to kill him.
On hearing this, the uncle's prophet relations took him to a valley nearby where there was better protection. Then the Meccans tried other ways. They gave orders that nobody was to sell articles of food or clothing to Muhammad or to any to other Muslim. They were not to marry or to have any other dealings with the Meccans.
All these orders were to be firmly carried out, unless the Muslims agreed to give up the holy prophet to the Meccans. Mecca is a town in the dessert, forty miles away from any other town. It may be imagined therefore how the Muslims suffered from hunger and want of clothing.
They often have to live for days on the leafs and barks of trees😖
For three whole years, Muhammad was persecuted in this way for preaching that men should worship God. But neither his own sufferings of those of his dear ones turn him from his high and noble purpose.
At the end of three years, some if the Meccans were tired if persecuting the holy prophet, and let him and his Muslim followers leave the valley.

💝💞💝

Thanks for reading
Vote
Comment
💓👌👍