Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Faith's P.O.V

"Wow!" I said looking at a painting of a bluejay. It was one painting among many. I mean, wow.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I heard a deep voice from behind me. I turned to see a tall guy with brown hair and brown eyes. He held out his hand. "Hi, I'm Blaike." he smiled at me. Wow... "Um, are you going to tell me yours?"

I blinked. "My what?"

"Your name."

"Oh!! My name is Faith!"

"Nice name." he smiles a gorgeous smile. All I wanted to say was: did god accidentally pour the whole bowl of perfect into you?

"Thanks..." I replayed slowly. I was still mesmerized by his perfect features. He was a good foot taller than me, he wore glasses, a red hoodie, and black jeans.

"Hey, I know we just met, but do you wanna go get coffee with me?" he asked. I was about to refuse because I really needed to find Nick, Abby, and Wyatt. But for some reason I felt like it was a command, and that my body just wanted to obey.

"Okay!" I heard my voice say. Why was I agreeing? Gosh dang it Faith, focus!

"Great! right this way!" He grabbed my hand and started walking. We turned left down a corridor and then turned right twice. We finally entered a large cavern filled with shops.

"Follow me, oh and keep your head down."

"Why?"

" 'Cause you kinda aren't supposed to be in here." he tugged me through a crowd. I quickly put my head down. we weaved our way through the crowed. I bumped into a man wearing a tight black T-shirt and tan cargo pants.

He quickly turned to face me, knocking me onto the ground in the process. He glared down at me menacingly. He looked me up and down. "Why is a Special in these parts?"

Blaike quickly hopped in front of me. "It's okay! She's with me!" He quickly flipped out a badge. The man looked at it carefully.

"Sorry to disturb you, Mr. Dawn." Mr. Big and Bulky walked away without another word. Blaike turned to face me and helped me up.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Mr. Miller, the Second in Command."

"Can't wait to see who's first." I mumbled. Blaike just laughed.

"That would be Mr. Gordon." Blaike took my hand once more and we quickly made the rest of the trip to the coffee shop.