Heartbreak

Goku reappeared in a clearing and broke down crying. His sobs racked through his body giving him a headache.

Goku didn't stop crying until night had fallen. The full moon was out. Goku looked at the moon and was in a trance.

His heart started beating faster and faster till he could hear it in his ears, his eyes glazed over as if he wasn't there.  He heard a ripping sound and all he felt was pure agony, he screamed in pain then passed out.

Goku's POV

I open my eyes then quickly shut them from the beaming sunlight blinding me. I open my eyes slowly to adjust to the sunlight.

I sat up and panted, like my breath was stolen from my lungs. I felt really hot and itchy but when I scratch it there is no relief. Maybe sleeping outside on the ground wasn't such a good idea, but this has never happened when I have before.

My stomach growled. I could hear that there was a lake nearby. The sound of fish made my stomach rumble louder and my tail sway in eager. "Wait tail"? I look behind me and low and behold there was a tail attached to his backside. 

His back and the back of his legs were covered in warm sticky blood as well as the grass below him. How did I not notice this?  

Goku's POV Over

Goku grimaced. He doesn't remember feeling any pain and boy was he glad that he didn't. He got up and slowly walked towards the lake to wash all the blood off and hopefully cool down.

Goku strips of his clothes and climb into the lake to wash off the blood. His body aches all over and the water did little to cool the burning heat that he felt. He slowly and carefully washed his blood-soaked tail. It was still sore.

He climbs out and washes his clothes, at the lake side for he had no others. He gets as much blood off of them as he can, he then dries them off with ki then redressed.

He slipped on his boxers, then put on his blue training shirt. He then put on his orange-gi shirt and shook his head to fix his hair. As he was putting on his pants, he carefully wrapped his tail around his right thigh and calf.

It would be better to hide that his tail had regrown for now. No need for Piccolo to try to cut it off.

As Goku finished dressing he sensed someone coming who he didn't want to see right now, Goku sighed. He would have to face the music.

Goku stood there as a car pulled up to him. The person got out and walked towards Goku who's back was turned. "What do you want Chichi"? Goku asked. "How did....". "I've known you most of my life, you don't think I wouldn't recognize you"? Goku interrupted her.

"Where's my happy go lucky Goku, what happened to you"? Chichi asked.  Goku's tail twitched inside his pants and curled around his leg tighter in anger.

He whirled around and looked at Chichi with a scowl that would put Vegeta to shame. "You, you are what happened to me, the Goku you knew died when you told me you remarried"!

Chichi took a step back. "Goku, you left me for seven years"! She yelled. Goku expression changed from anger to sorrow. "You don't think I don't know that do you honestly think I wanted to stay dead, but every enemy we faced came after me, I couldn't keep putting earth in danger like that"! Goku screamed.

Chichi fell silent. "Just leave Chichi, I already forgiven you and myself. I can't change the past, I'm ready to move on". Goku said.

Chichi had tears streaming down her face as she silently left, for she hasn't forgiven herself since the day she remarried. She left without saying anything and with regrets. 

Goku let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. A single tear fell from his eye, and he quickly wiped it away to fish to get his breakfast.