Seven

"Would you like me to start from the beginning? With your mother?" I questioned my son, watching his bright eyes shine with anger. He had his arms crossed over his chest, his form rigid yet tall. His lycan was very present. He wanted answers, he would receive them.

He shook his head, "from the beginning. Starting with your first mate. Too many rumors, lies I hear. I need to know the truth. No one gives me the truth. Chelsea claims mother was wonderful, Aunt Fiona claimed both of your mates were menaces. Uncle Rowan refuses to speak of your first mate. Tell me the truth about everything, father. I deserve to know, now!"

So the pup wants to have claws all of the sudden? He should know Fiona was mad. Before her suicide she ran around spreading lies about everyone. I thought letting her free while Esmerelda was gone would benefit her, but it did not. "Her name was Ophelia. The Vampyr King had invited me to his kingdom to better acquaint ourselves. He met me already on the battlefield and we both admired each other's skills. My strength he admired...and I admired his sorcery."

"I went to his kingdom on business. While I waited for him to be done with what he was doing, I bored easily so I decided to wander around the castle halls. That is when I met her, my first mate. His sister."

My mind has never allowed me to forget that day. Her death and the day we met, rehearse in my mind like some cynical type of play. With Ophelia I see her death, with Esmerelda I see her life and it does things to my already weakened state. "She was beautiful and reciprocated my feelings. She was overjoyed to hear I was King and wished for me to take her as we spoke. I thought she was mad, I could not possibly claim her and then leave without speaking to her brother. She told me her brother did not like other races and and would refuse the marriage so I had to act quickly."

"So you claimed and took her?" Thorian finished as I nodded my head in agreement with him. It seemed like the logical thing to do. She was mine, she wanted me, she feared her brother, and hated it there. I was acting as her savior. "So you liked one another in the beginning unlike with my mother?"

He was correct. "Yes. I was infatuated with her. She quickly saw my advances as dull and half hearted. She thought if she were Queen she could do whatever she wanted. She used her body as a weapon against me. She slept with your Uncle, threatened to run away back to her brother when she realized that she could not do whatever she desired to. I could not allow that so I-"

"-You made her prisoner here," Thorian announced while shaking his head. This boy acted as if he knows everything. He is still young and naive. Instead of reprimanding him, I will finish this story.

"Soon after she found that she was pregnant I had to have eyes on her every second of every day. If she did not threaten to kill herself she would attempt to kill others. She almost succeeded in killing your Aunt Fiona. I did not know that she was secretly sending letters to her brother...and the one day I decided to go and visit one of our army camps, he came to the castle and killed her." I watched my son's eyes widen, confusion beginning to show in his features.

I knew what he was going to ask, it would be why. "I do not understand. Why would he just not steal her back? You are lying," he accused me.

"You think I am afraid to tell you the truth?!" I snarled grabbing unto the fabric of his shirt. "You are a man now I have no reason to coddle you like the child you act like sometimes!" He growled low in his throat, his lycan surfacing as I pushed him back so that his back hit the wall with much force. "Wait and listen. This is our story time, is it not son? Get your lycan under control," I spat watching his claws beginning to grow as he shook his head back and forth. Attempting to calm his raging self.