Twelve

"We have some time to spare before supper."

William was leaning against one of my bed posts. I had gotten Thorian into his living quarters for the time being, attempted to find the Princess so that I could get a little more aquatinted with her but she could not be found. We had successfully unpacked most of my things and now we were waiting for supper.

"Great, well you can bed me if you would like."

A smile played to my lips as I watched William's eyes widen. His hand went to his forehead, as his face reddened. "Esmerelda must you be this crude?! You are a former Queen for goodness sakes!"

"All you had to say was no William," I laughed as I watched him throw his hands up and mutter incoherent things. I enjoyed bothering William and since I no longer had to be Queen I could enjoy bothering him more. And also making sure Edwin does not act like a complete dunce and ruin everything I hav worked so hard to build.

"That was not a rejection, I was just stating a fact," he claimed as my eyebrows slowly rose. Did he want to be with me? Now? We did have a bit of time before supper. Although I was extremely inexperienced for I have not been with a man since Sirus...But I still knew what to do. How to do it.

I stood up and began to work on the buttons of my gown, before I felt hands grabbing my own. A sigh came from my lips as I glared up at this infuriating man. His honeyed eyes hardened while looking down at me. "No, on our wedding night Esmeralda I will strip you of your clothing and love you how you need to be loved. Not right now, before supper where it will be rushed and-"

"-Alright, William," I frowned as I kissed his cheek, watching the color on his face increase even more. I hope he loved me well on our wedding night because I am in need of it....

Since we would not be engaging in enjoyable activities I decided to begin to braid my hair while William began to dismantle my arrangement and explain to me how our new home would look and our living chambers.

"William we will not be at your...our estate often, we will spend most of our time here. You have duties and so do I," I explained to him as he gave me a knowing look.

He walked over to me, and took my braid from my hands. I am glad he offered to finish it, he actually is a great braided. I taught both Edwin and him just so they would know. "I know that Esmeralda. My estate will be our getaway and we will spend weeks their at a time. I will get you out of this castle and to new scenery if it is the last thing I do on earth."

He kissed my cheek before letting go of my hair. It was then that I realized he took my braid out! "William, how dare you!" Did he think it was easy to do these styles with my hair? No, it was not.

I would just leave my hair out. Sure it was not curled to perfection, or braided in a neat and orderly fashioned. I was not Queen anymore I could...I could let my hair down so to speak.

"I apologize," he chuckled as we suddenly heard a loud deep wail coming from outside.

Please don't be Thorian fighting with someone!

Both of us rushed towards the door, William immediately drawing his sword as we made our way down the hall. Gathering us closer to whatever debacle awaited us.

As soon as we arrived at the top of the staircase, we could see Orc men at the end of the staircase near the foyer. At least four of them.