Prologue

"Mum, dad you can't just keep disappearing, she's literally just a little kid, she needs you," Jason yelled into his cell, "no I don't care about your job, it doesn't even support us, just get over yourself!"

   I stared at Jason from the bottom of the staircase. As usual my parents are leaving, they always do and him and Janelle are left to pick up the pieces. I slowly walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He sighed and placed his head on top of mine hugging me back.

   He was about to say something when Janelle came in through the front door of our house with a bunch of grocery bags and as usual she was on the phone. I grabbed the bags and she smiled thankfully before continuing her phone call, I packed away the groceries before walking out to the living room to grab my phone. "Jas there's still some groceries in my car please finish taking them out."

    I rolled my eyes I said slipping my feet into my slides and grabbing my phone, my backpack and my hoody, quickly mumbling a quick excuse about going over to my best friends house before rushing out the door.

     I walked down the driveway and grabbed my skateboard and started skating down the road to Tessa's house, she lived extremely close like the majority of my friends.

      I knocked on her door and her mum answered. We exchanged greetings and she explained to me that Tessa had gone to our friend Cameron's house. I smiled politely and thanked her quickly before skating down to Cameron's house.

    I shoved my ear buds into my ears, continuing the short trip down to Cam's which was about a block away.

   My mind flooded with thoughts about my parents and I started losing control of my skateboard so I quickly jumped off bumping into none other than Cam's twin brother Dylan and landing on my butt. I smiled up at him from the ground, mumbling some words that should probably stay unknown.

    He stretched out his hand which I gladly accepted before getting back onto my skateboard before he could start yapping about Tessa.

    I continued on to their house singing along to the music blaring through my ear buds until I was right in front of the house, a big smile stretched across my face, I hadn't seen Cam since the day she left for South Africa over the summer. Before I could place my finger on the doorbell, the door burst open and I was engulfed in a suffocating group hug.