Madness // WWE

❝Love is madness

Love is madness. . .

Every muscle in my body ached from being on edge all day. Creeping through the corridors, craning my neck around corners making sure he wasn't there. My phone buzzed in my pocket for what felt like the thousandth time.

I knew who it was. It was the same person it was just seconds before. He hadn't stopped since I'd sent my last message yesterday, it was simple but sent all the venom needed for him to realize it was anything but pleasant feelings behind it. My eyes searched the empty hallway one more time, my hand slipping into my pocket to retrieve the phone. 

Liar: You and I both know you can't avoid me forever.                                                            Read 7:48pm

He was right, it was only a matter of time. We worked together, traveled together and had the same small circle of friends. I knew the moment I looked into his eyes he was going to be the end of me and I just willingly went. I scrolled up the messages my eyes scanning through his poor excuses that got more enraged with each ignored text. 

And then I stopped, staring down at the last green bubble.

Me: Wow. . . Congrats on the wedding.   

That crippling feeling sat on my chest again. Not here, I cannot and will not break down at work. It was stupid. I was stupid. How could I think that our little rendezvous' behind Renee's back meant anything? Tears burned my eyes.

The screen skipped back down to the bottom of the conversation as a new message came in.

Liar: Told ya' so. . .                                                                                                                                   Read 7:53pm 

I felt my eyebrows pull together as I read the message, "Boo!" My heart jolted against my chest, his hot breath on the back of my neck. I spun around on my heels, wiping at my eyes just in case anything slipped out. That lopsided smirk fell as he stared at me.

"Can't you take a fuckin' hint? Leave. Me. Alone." I emphasized each word carefully before pushing past him--or at least, attempting to.

He caught hold of my wrist and yanked me forward, my chest now pressed against his. His grip tightened when I tilted my head back to meet his eyes. "Don't be such a girl, Mac. Doesn't look good on you."

I pulled at my arm but it barely moved in his iron grip. "Guess it's a good thing that's not your concern anymore." His nostrils flared, his nails digging into my skin. I winced, taking a step back and he took one forward. Back. Forward. "Dean, please. . ." My chest was heaving in front of me as my back touched a wall, trapped. "Dean. . ." I all but whimpered.

Those dark blue depth stared down at me, I tried to keep my face hard and emotionless--to keep whatever dignity I had left, but I think I failed. "You will always be my concern." His left hand raised and I flinched, he'd never hit me before but I'd never seen him this angry either. "This," His head snapped to the dark metal band on his ring finger and my eyes followed. "This is just a fucking ring. It changes nothing."

I swallowed hard as I stared at it. Not sure I agreed. "If you really believe that then why get married at all?" I snapped, still squirming underneath his body; hot like fire. "Get off me!"

 "You don't tell me what to do, serve you well to remember that, kitten." A shiver ran through me, that little pet name that used to drive me to insanity only making my teeth clench tighter. "I felt like it. And I can do whatever I want. You don't make the rules, I do. You knew what this was from the get-go so stop acting like the victim in all of this."

Some noise, that I don't think I could ever recreate even if I tried, flew out of my mouth--a mixture between a growl and a sob. "I'm done, Dean! You wanna play house with Renee? Then this is over, I'm sick of your fucking games."

His free hand snaked around my neck with an almost inhuman quickness; closing my airway. My right hand pulled at his wrist trying to get him to let up. Terror crashed over me like a wave. But even in all the fear in the back of my mind, I could feel the cool metal against my skin from his ring. "I say when we're done." His crazed eyes suddenly softened as he stared at me, his grip loosening only enough for me to suck in a small breath. "I love you, Mackenzie. . ."  

He slumped forward, his shaggy head resting against my shoulder as I sucked in large gulps of air. "You can't leave me." He uttered under his breath, his ringed hand slipping down my sternum and falling to his side. His lips burned against my skin as he left delicate kisses everywhere he could reach.   

"Do you love her?" I croaked out, the amount of confidence in my voice surprised both of us. He pulled back meeting my gaze, brows furrowing. I knew the answer, his silence said it all. "More than me?" My voice shook that time, my jaw tightened.

"I'm not gonna play this stupid game. You're still mine; end of story!" He said.

And it hurt more than if he'd lied. I don't know why but it did. I would always be second best, the fucking consolation prize. In one swift movement, I'd pulled myself from his hold and slammed the palms of my hands against his chest with every ounce of strength I possessed.

Dean stumbled back surprised. Anger vibrated inside of me as I did it again and again. He grabbed hold of my upper arms trying to keep me at arm's length, my hands balled into fists and pounded on his chest as hard as I could, tears pouring down my cheeks. "Leave me alone. . ." I sobbed, collapsing into his chest.

His arms wrapped around me, squeezing me tightly against his midsection as he slowly melted down to his knees with me. "Mackenzie-"

"Don't." I cried, "Don't say it. Don't pretend I matter."

His hand stroked my hair in a loving way that made me cry harder. "Shhh, my little kitten. I'm not going anywhere. You're mine. . .forever."        

^^^ Jon Good is judging me lol

Not the best example of my work but to be fair, I did just come up with the idea yesterday and only spent about a day working on it. So whatever. I think I'll set up all the one-shots like this one. Music video on top that relates to the story, sexy gif, quote from the song, and then skip into the story not giving away who it's about right away.  I think I like the surprise element of it. I will put next to the title //WWE or \\NXT though as a hint & because I know not everyone watches NXT so they might not wanna read about one of their superstars.

I wrote this one for myself--in case that wasn't obvi.

Anywhore, feel free to request something.