Paralyzed // WWE

A/N: Real quick--sorry, I'll try not to make a habit of these--I don't really know either of these guys very well so I apologize in advance if this isn't good.  -Mac

❝You I just can't fight

You I just can't fight. . .

"I really gotta go, Everleigh." He whispered against my lips, I nodded in agreement pulling him towards me again. He sighed but didn't hesitate to kiss me back, I thought being with him would be weird--I mean he is my brother's friend--but surprisingly it felt oddly right. Like why hadn't we been doing this the whole time? "My match is coming up. . ." His brown eyes looked down into mine.

"I know. . . Just a few more seconds, please." I pouted, batting my eyes.

He flashed his best smile, grinning. "You know I can't say no to you, love." I giggled into the kiss, his arm that was snaked around my waist pulling me closer to him. I don't normally like to keep things from Tony, we're pretty close but I was worried how he'd react; the protective big brother was a title he took very seriously.  

My heart about leaped out of my throat when a knock sounded on the door, "Ever?" Tony's voice called, we jerked apart quickly.

"Yeah?" I asked, nervously pulling on my clothes and making sure I looked presentable. 

The door opened just a crack, his bearded face peeking through. "Have you-" He stopped suddenly, noticing Noam standing a few feet away from me. Tony stepped all the way into the room, door still open. "What's he doing here?"

I could feel the heat trying to claw its way up my neck, "Um, we're just, um," I stumbled around for a believable excuse. "Practicing!" I said a tad too loud, his brow furrowed as he seemed to mull it over. "I'm interviewing you guys after your tag match tonight," I added quickly. 

"Why wasn't I invited then?" Tony asked, my eyes darted to Noam pleading for him to help.

He took a step forward and Tony's brown eyes shifted their focus to him. "Because, uh, you're the best on the mic. You make it look effortless." Tony looked at the two of us and my heart pounded in my chest, sweat slowly building on my forehead. The one time stroking his ego doesn't distract him, I thought with annoyance. Finally, after what felt like an eternity his facial expressions loosened a smirk tugging at his lips.

"I am pretty incredible." He agreed smugly.

I chuckled nervously with a nod. "So, what did you want?"

"I was gonna ask if you've seen Dar." He looked at Noam again, "Match is in three, we need to be at the curtain. Let's go." He turned and headed out the door, Noam following behind him both of us letting out a huge sigh of relief. Next time I see my mother I need to give her a huge hug for teaching Tony to knock before walking into a room. That could have ended very badly.

+ + +