Beautifully Blinding // WWE

❝Just a fling, yeah, at least that's what I thought it was

Just a fling, yeah, at least that's what I thought it was . . .

"I thought you said mystery guy was just a fling? Shouldn't he be flung by now?" Dana asked as we walked backstage together. A laugh escaped my lips, she definitely had a point.

Six months ago we were supposed to be a one night stand, something to clear my head and help me move on from my ex. "I didn't know there was a time limit on flings."

The corner of her mouth lifted into a coy smile, "At some point, it just becomes a relationship, Nova."

"We are not in a relationship," I declared quickly, "that would imply that we talk to each other about important stuff, that we can't see other people--"

"Are you seeing other people?"

I paused, my eyebrows pulling together. "Well, no, but that doesn't mean--"

"Is he seeing other people?"

That was a good question, one I hadn't brought myself to ask yet. "I don't think so," I answered honestly but in a hushed tone. She gave me that face I hated, the one that said "girl you need to rethink your life", I sighed. "Stop."

Her smirk grew wider, "What?"

"You know what," I said trying not to smile. "Some people unwind with a book or music. I unwind with a little hit it and quit from him, that's it nothing more."

She burst into laughter, "Minus the quitting it!"

My eyes rolled as I continued down the hall, "Semantics, we get what we need from each other and then we go our separate ways."

"So neither of you have ever stayed the night?"

I knew she wanted a yes or no answer, but it was more complicated than that. "I work a very busy schedule, Dana. Sometimes it's late and I don't want to go all the way back to my hotel room--"  

"You are so in a relationship!"

My hand clasped over her mouth quickly, "Shhhh, someone might hear you." I snapped, easing my hand away from her.

"Who cares?" She asked looking around to see who was in earshot.

"Me. I'd rather Roman not know I have a booty call."

She nodded knowingly, "Yeah I guess big brother wouldn't like that, huh?"

"You have no idea . . ." I said under my breath.

"Wait, does that mean mystery guy is a WWE superstar?" She asked with excitement.

I had never lied to my best friend and I really didn't want to start today. "I'd rather not do this twenty questions thing, Dana. I'm happy, shouldn't that be all that matters?" My phone buzzed and I looked down at it.