Kiss Me \\ NXT

❝I fall in love with you every single day

I fall in love with you every single day . . . 

Her eyes drifted over to her husband, the crinkles beside his eyes deepened as he smiled and she couldn't fight the tug at the side of her mouth. There was something about seeing him happy that made her heart glow.

"Delusional." Corey Grave's voice brought her back to the moment.

"Oh, oh, I'm delusional?" He chuckled, head shaking. "Awe-ska, Fabulous Truth it doesn't matter. They've worked together what? Maybe twelve times, maybe. Were married, we've worked together for years--"

"That's beside the point and you know it." Corey scoffed.

"Tag-teams are all about chemistry, Graves." He leaned back in his seat, satisfied with himself. Nikki exhaled a laugh.

"He's not wrong, we say it all the time."

"Oh shut-up, Byron, no one asked you."

Michael Cole looked at the woman seated next to him, "Excuse my colleague, he's a little bias. What are your thoughts, Nikki, Awe-ska or Fabulous Truth who would you rather face?"

This wasn't how she planned on telling him, Nikki had this elaborate idea but at some point, he needed to know she wasn't going to be the one he was teaming with. "I think that's a question for my sister."

All eyes shifted to her, confusion on each of their faces. "What does Mickie James have to do with this?" Corey asked, his brow arched up.  

Her tummy swirled as she stared into her husbands almost black eyes, "I'm not cleared to compete." She took in a sharp breath, "I'm pregnant."

Johnny's head slightly cocked to the left before he grinned a full-blown toothy grin that just about knocked the wind out of her. "You're serious?"

Her head bobbed up and down, biting on her bottom lip trying to pull back her own smile.

Johnny took in a sharp breath, tears beaded in his eyes and she couldn't deny the butterflies that took flight in her stomach. "I'm gonna be . . ." He trailed off, eyes suddenly taking in his surroundings. Body's were flying everywhere as the match started to breakdown into an outright brawl. "You shouldn't be out here." Panic laced his voice.

Nikki chuckled, "I'm fine, we're fine." She corrected, hand touching her belly.

His head shook, "I'm not taking any chances, that's our future world champ in there!" He tossed the headset down and rushed to her side, his arms protectively wrapped around her as he ushered the laughing woman away.

The last thing she heard was Corey's annoying remark, "Well at least someone in their family will end up a world champion."

+ + +

He rushed her backstage, already the over-protective father she always imagined him to be. "Johnny, seriously this is completely unnecessary. They said I shouldn't compete, not that I should lock myself in the house."

He stopped and sighed, his hand running through his hair. "I'm sorry, I didn't think this would make me all queasy and nervous. I want him to be safe."

"Or her."

He corrected himself, "I want him or her to be safe."

"And they will be," Her hand cupped his bearded cheek and he leaned down resting his forehead against hers."I have all the faith in the world that you will keep us safe." He released a big breath like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. "I love you." She said in a low voice.

"And I love both of you," his eyes closed, "So much . . . Can you humor me and let me take you home, please?"

Nikki fought the urge to roll her eyes, "Since you asked so nicely."

Rain crashed to the ground in large drops, bright forks flashed as the gray sky cleared its throat with thunder, the earth shook below their feet. Nikki's arms wrapped tightly around her shivering body. 

"C'mon," Johnny said, gently tugging at her arm.

She laughed, head shaking, "No freakin' way!"

"It's just a little rain, Nik." He jumped when thunder cracked loudly above them. Her brows lifted an amused smile stretched across his face, his cheeks flush a little.

"We can wait, do you know how long it took to get all this done?" She joked gesturing to her face and hair.

Those dark eyes rolled, "You're beautiful without it."

"Aw," She gushed before abruptly turning serious, "I'm still not going out there. Good try though--" Her words retreated back down her throat, a squeal replaced them when Johnny took her hand yanking her into the storm.    

"Oh my gosh!" She shrieked, "You're such a jerk." Her hand slapped at his chest half-heartedly watching her husband laugh, the biggest smile plastered on his face as the drops of rain raced down his cheeks.

Johnny's features settled into a smile, his eyes still shined with laughter. "You are everything to me, you know that?"

Her heart clenched in her chest, tears blurred her vision. Nikki nodded, her hands slipped up his chest and wrapped around his neck, her lips pressed to his in a feverish kiss. She couldn't believe how lucky she was to be with someone so perfect.

What a beautiful, beautiful man! *swoons* Mi corazón

Ugh, I'm so far behind if you were wondering I will 100% finish the ones I said I was going to finish before I go on my month break. xheelbellas DaddysLittleVillain nikkianddeanambrose

***Unedited didn't even reread it***

Feel free to request (Won't be worked on until December*)