Resemblance

"May we be excused." Susan giggles before getting permission from her sister, brothers,  and her guests to leave the dining table. Caspian followed in suit. Joyous and in love, they ran down the hallways and through the kitchens and out into the gardens until they reached a flowered arch embroidered with lights.

"I love you, Susan Pevens. I don't say it often but I love you." Caspian passionately kisses Susan before placing his hand into hers. "I love you too." She whispers before grabbing his hand and continuing their journey. Momentarily, it was just them and the breeze; however, the sun was kissing the horizon goodnight causing the sky to dim and the magic to begin. With grace, she climbs up the wooden ladders until she reaches the top of the homemade treehouse, in which she was greeted by two children enjoying each others company. Caspian followed.

"Mum, why can't Henry stay longer? He only just arrived." Helen calmly asked. Her long brown hair and her small almond eyes gleamed as the cool blue horizon set. Helen was the child of Caspian and Susan, and the resemblance was uncanny. Although Henry wasn't from their world, Helen had grown quite fond of her cousin. His blonde hair, green eyes and unwilling personality amused Helen as she believed he couldn't rule Narnia, as he father intended.

"Peter and Lilliandil are going to their own Castle. They've been here all week and you know there's only so much we can talk about. We're not all as creative as you dearest," She jokes before pecking her forehead. "Plus I'm sure Henry is ready to return to the comfort of his own bed."

"Uncle Caspian, next time I come, can you teach me to fight? Like you did against the telmarines!" Excitedly, Henry looked up to his uncle with admiration.
"I'm sure me and Pete could teach you a few things, but I wouldn't like to steal his limelight." Susan laughed at Caspian's sarcasm before holding out her hand.

"I'm sure that the next time you visit there will be plenty of practicing and time to laugh. Just don't tell your mother. Now come on, they'll be wondering where you are."

One by one, they climbed down the ladder. Caspian chased Helen and Henry around the garden for what felt like hours but was only minutes before escorting him to his parents. Helen followed, and wished them a safe journey before disappearing into the hall in which her other auntie and uncle, plus guests, were enjoying a game of rummy.

Caspian retreated back to Susan and caught her off guard. Playfully, he picked her up from behind and spun her around. "Casp-" she gasped before laughing hysterically. He kissed her neck before placing her down and turned her around. He placed one hand on her waist and one in her hand. She copied.

At first, they danced and laughed, but then their lips collided and their emotions were heightened. Each kiss lingered on their lips, their touch clammy yet enduring. Even after 10 years of marriage, they couldn't comprehend how they were still head over heels for each other.

"Helen will be wanting us to say goodnight soon." He murmured under a kiss. Susan nodded before continuing to kiss her handsome husband. "We can finish this later." he seductively announced before pecking her nose and guiding her inside.

This chapter was written by Itz_Emmz_ ! She has a Suspian story, check it out!