Part 1

'Pray' he whispered.
'But...'
'Pray'

Susan was not a girl who was going to church every Sunday. Most of the time she was going to be seen. Seen by the people of the town and maybe one day she saw her future-fiancé. Her mother thought only about her reputation. And after Susan's father was gone for war, things were getting bad. She had lost the faith she had.
But now. Here in the land she loved the most. Faith was not something new. Her people believed in the great Lion. Son of the Emperor over the Sea.
Lucy was the one of all her siblings, who had the biggest faith. And Susan thought the great Lion favored her little sister.
Susan knew she was someone who had little faith.

She was in the forest, practicing her archery. A new enemy was seen by their borders and she would do anything to keep her family and her people save. A horn was sounding through the forest and Susan let a shriek. It was not the familiar sound of the Narnian Horn. She put her hood on her head and disappeared in a nearby bush.
The sound of hooves came closer and let the ground beneath her shake. At a sudden a hand came from behind and pressed his hand over her mouth. 'Ssh' Caspian whispered and his brown eyes light up in excitement. Her lover sat crouching behind her. Susan could smell his sent, a mix of the sea and sweat. A party of men dressed up as soldiers came by. Thundering through the western woods. Susan felt the shivers on her spine.
Where did these men came from?
Caspian saw her sudden panic and removed his hand from her mouth. His eyes were dark. 'Those are the men of Marcos. He was an enemy of my uncle and now he is our enemy.
'What can we do against this number of men? You know Peter en Edmund are gone with a quarter of our soldiers and we are still rebuilding from the last attack of your uncles loyal men!' Susan trembled. Caspian looked around if the soldiers were really gone and stood up, taking Susan with him. He pulled her close to his chest. 'Pray he whispered'
'But'
'Pray'
And so she did. She sank to the ground and sat on her knees. She closed her eyes and folded her shaking hands. 'Aslan, mighty Lion. Our- my father' Susan swallowed. Was she even aloud to say that to him? 'I call out for you, for my people and my family. I pray to you to keep them save!' The wind began to blow. The leaves were falling around them but Susan didn't notice. She was praying nonstop. Asking the great lion, begging him to keep her beloved land save from harm.
She tried, because for a girl of little faith. She did something she had never thought she was doing. She was praying.