File Code #1459

Heyyy author's note. (I'll try not to put these but we'll see) I know that I missed last week and I am utterly sorry. I was really busy last weekend and I couldn't write it

I also just want to clarify that I do know how the .chr files work and I know they're not like this. I only wrote them like this because plot points. 

Also, I'm sorry this is kinda short.

~Monika~
Boring.
Everything is boring.

And it was like that. For a really long time. We're all in a simulation, anyway. It's not like it matters. Well, at least until I found myself in the literature club and everyone in it. I found myself really caring for these people, one in particular. (Whom you can probably guess). I put on a smile which is so convincing, even I'm slightly happy from it. I haven't really played around with the code; maybe I should. 

And that's where I find myself in a blindingly white and bright space, going seemingly infinitely out from where I stand. I see 4 little files, each labeled with my and my friend's names on each of them with a .chr tag marked on them as well.

Carefully clicking on the one with Natsuki's name on it brings up a smaller box with all of the girl's statistics. Okay, maybe I exaggerated a /little bit/. I messed with my own code to make me a top of the class student. I'm too busy with a lot of things to actually focus on schoolwork and stuff. That was a lie. I'm not busy at all. I go back to Natsuki's file, with a bunch of bars and numbers next to words about the girl. Changing a few little numbers and bars here and here, mainly ones that sound good, like her "good home life" bar all the way up. She deserves it, after all she's been through.

Sayori's file looks slightly different than the last time I looked at it. Her little knob that's labeled "depressive mood and general outlook in the world" is turned more to the right. Weird. I try to move it back to the left, but it doesn't budge. I close her file, then, and open Yuri's.

Yuri's file calms me down from the shock that is Sayori's file. Her knobs and buttons are in good places that are calming, almost. It's weird, though, because I can't move any of her knobs either. Then I realize the ticking noise. One of the knobs is moving. I try to find which one, but it's hard. 

I get away from the whole file directory. I have a really bad headache. I almost forgot that I get these, but I do. Thinking about it, I really shouldn't make changes to their files. I smile, though, thinking that they can still be happy. I notice looking outside that the sun is setting. I feel my phone buzz. I got a text, from my parents, I assume, yet it's not them. I should really call them sometime, too, since they haven't contacted me in a while. It's from Sayori, instead.

Sayo: Come over! The sunset is really pretty!

Moni: Okay then~

I laugh at her little text. I do agree, though, the sunset is really pretty. I get out of the apartment that I call home and run out to my car to go to Sayori's house.