epilogue i // the end of all things

With the glitches coming in, our two protagonists fled to elsewhere. "Characters (2)" was the file that Monika moved their files to. Obviously, it was placed somewhere else on whoever's computer than the original game. Monika kept her original copies of Natsuki and Yuri, but she never used them. She didn't know how to get them to work properly, and she had the worst headache in existence. 

          Sayori, on the other hand, was bound to exploring the new file. What a shame that the file is just miles upon miles of white light. She didn't give up for a couple weeks, clearly not seeing the pattern.

          Despite this, the bland file was a home for the girls. They didn't need to worry about basic necessities; Monika could conjure up anything in the world they could ever need or want. It still got lonely, at times. It would be comparable to two girls living in a comfy cottage, if that cottage was infinite and well, not that cozy. 

          The days blended with the days. The weeks blended into the weeks. The months blended with the months. What even defined a day in this world? There was always a sense of emptiness. No remnants of their friends, their previous lives, anything. 

          Still, they had each other, and that's all that they needed.

lay us down, we're in love.