Awkwardness

How You've Been - CaRter

As soon as I wake up the first thought that I have is that I have to film a scene with Finn today after everything that was said yesterday. How am I going to do this?

My mum drives me to set, today we're filming a group scene in the field, but me and 'Richie' have a 'private moment' together while the others are talking. I go to the costume department to get dressed and get my hair done. I love my characters clothes, they're so perfect for her.

All the cast are gathered in the field and talking

All the cast are gathered in the field and talking. Except for me and Finn. I keep seeing him awkwardly glancing at me.

"Ok, everyone, ACTION!"

The scene is goes pretty well until mine and Finns part, this is so awkward.

He grabs my hand and drags me to where the rest of the losers club aren't.
"I love you, you know" he says, as Richie, barely even looking at me. This is meant to be a scene between two lovers, he's acting like he doesn't even know me.
"Em, yeah, me too." I say, this is so awful.
"Ok, CUT!" The director screams, "what is going on between you two?" Everyone's looking at us.
"I don't know, why don't you ask Y/N?" Finn says bitterly. What the hell am I meant to say?
"Em, I guess it's just awkward filming these kind of things now that me and Jaeden are dating?" I reply, that's the only thing I could really say. I couldn't have said
"oh yeah, it's because I'm in love with Finn even though I've got a boyfriend, also me and Finn had a huge argument about it yesterday and he hates me!"
"Y/N, that's not a good enough excuse, you have to stay professional at all times, no matter what's going on in your personal life." The director says, looking disappointed in me.
"Yeah, Y/N, I don't mind you kissing Finn, because it's just acting, right?" Jaeden tells me. Finn laughs at this, he's such an ass.
"Thanks, J" I don't look up at him. Because he's wrong. It's not just acting to me, I like Finn so much, and there's nothing I can do about it. I awkwardly shuffle my feet until the director speaks again.
"I've got an idea," he suddenly says, "I want you two to go on a date-"
"WHAT?!" Me and Finn say simultaneously, interrupting him.
"Hey, let me finish, not a real date, just so you two can get to know each other more, work out your differences and build chemistry, so things won't be so awkward, you can go after filming tomorrow, and then we'll refilm this in 2 days, ok?"
"Fine." Finn says. I nod. I try to look annoyed, but deep down I'm really happy to be spending some more time with him.
"Okay everyone, guess we'll film a different scene today, go to page 167 in your scripts..."

I start to walk away to go back to my dressing room since I'm not in this scene, when I feel someone grab my shoulder. I turn around. It's Jack.
"I know about everything."
"What are you talking about?" I reply nervously .
"About you and Finn, he's my best friend, he told me last night what had happened. You know, when you ran out."
"Does he hate me?" I reply, not able to look jack in the eyes.
"Who, Finn?" I nod, he starts to laugh "you think he hates you?"
I nod, looking confused.
"Let's just say, he definitely doesn't hate you" he laughs, "look, I just came to say be careful, Jaeden really likes you, and I don't want him to get hurt."
"He won't, I promise, besides nothing's going to happen between me and Finn, he won't even talk to me."
"Sureeeeee." He says raising his eyebrows. He turns and walks away from me.
Did he just suggest that Finn likes me? No he can't have.