Family ties

It's been 2 weeks since the audition, and 1 week and 5 days since I got the call saying I'd got the role. My and my mum have started to pack and she's got a place ready in Atlanta. I sit at my kitchen counter, eating my cereal, and thinking about my new life. However I can't help but think about when filming's over, Finn will go back to Vancouver and then I'll be stuck at Atlanta. Maybe this wasn't the best idea?

My phone suddenly rings and Finns caller ID pops up, I pick it up and take the call,
"Hey Finnie!" I smile down the phone.
"Hi, have you finished packing?" He asks.
"Hah, nowhere near." I laugh.
"Well, do you need a break, because I want to see you." He says, I can hear his smile on the other side of the phone.
"Yessss, do you want to meet at our tree?" I respond, excited.
"Of course, I'll see in in 10, I love you."
"I love you too." I blush before hanging up the phone.
I run upstairs to my room and chuck on the first outfit I can find and then tie my hair in a messy bun.

Grabbing my keys and phone I run out of my door and head to the park.

"Awwwww, you're so cute!" I giggle as I approach Finn. He has two huge ice cream cones in his hand and hands me the bigger one. I take an appreciative lick, "yum, you're actually the best." He blushes and smiles at me, starting to lick his cone as well.
"C'mon, we'll go on a walk." He reaches and puts his arm around my shoulders.

~30 MINUTES LATER~

"No! Sharpay is totally the best character in high school musical." I exclaim, I can't believe we've been arguing for 15 minutes about this.
"Y/N, it's Troy. The whole movie would be nothing without him." He argues, walking backwards in front of me and grinning.

I'm about to tell him to shut up when my phone rings.
It's my mum.
I pick it up, "Hey, what's up!" I say happily.
"Y/N, you need to come home immediately." She's crying.
"Oh my god! What's happened!?" I say, stopping dead in my tracks. Finn looks concerned and stops too.
"It's your grandma, she's really sick, we need to talk about Atlanta, I don't know if I can leave her." She says quickly without any pause.
"Ok, ok, I'll come home, I'll be as quick as I can." I hang up the phone and turn to Finn, "I've gotta go, I'll ring you later." I hastily give him a kiss on the cheek and run all the way home.

I jam my key in the lock and turn, opening the door, "Mum! Where are you?" I walk into the living room. All the moving boxes are gone and everything is back in it's normal place, my mum is sat on the sofa with her head in her hands, "Wait, what's going on, where are all the boxes."
"We're not going, I can't leave her, Y/N."
"You're saying I can't take the role." Tears start to form in my eyes.
"Yes! Your grandma is more important." She shouts. I start to sob, I know I'm being selfish, but I don't care.
"Mum! I need to take this role, it's a huge opportunity, you can't take this away from me." Tears are flooding down my face.
"I can and I will, we're not moving, end of discussion." She says, getting up and walking out of the room.
"I'm still going, I'll stay with Finn if I have to."
She turns around and looks at me, I can see the hurt in her eyes.
"Go then." She turns and heads into the kitchen.

I sprint up the stairs and throw myself onto my bed. I want to stay and support my family but I also want to be with Finn and be in Stranger things. I compose myself and find my biggest suitcase and start to fill it with everything I need. I can't stop myself from crying as I do it.
Once I've finished I ring Finn up, he answers straight away,
"Babe, I'm coming to stay with you, now and when we go to Atlanta." I say straight away, he has to say yes, he's my only option.
"Ok, you can tell me what happened when you get here." He sounds so worried.
"I'll see you in a bit." I hang up the phone and then go into my mums room. She's asleep.
I quickly scribble out a note to say I'm sorry and then I drag my suitcase down the stairs.
Once I'm out the door, I lock it and take one last look at my home.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

A/N ~ Thank you so much for 1k !!!!!!!