WAKING UP

The first thing Aurora did was when she woke up, was trying to escape. She woke up in the infirmary, plugged into a weird machine that kept track of her heart beating.

It was strange to see that her heart even worked.

The hallways were empty and she had no idea on time. It could be the middle of the night or lunch. How long had she even been in that infirmary? The thought of lunch made her hungry and she set course to the cafeteria.

Her body was weak and she felt her legs shake. The war just happened, it was normal for her to be exhausted. She pushed open the doors to see a filled room and she was sucked back to her final conscious moments.

The raw emotion, the begging for death. Did she really do that? Why she so desperate? Eros must think that's she insane now, but he didn't care. Liza was back, he was busy with her.

"You should be in the infirmary", his familiar voice brought her back.

His hands were on her and she freaked out, pushing him off. Eros stared at her shocked, he tried to reach out to her, but she stumbled back. They kept quiet and stared at each other. She didn't want him to touch her ever again.

"Oh, Aurora, I'm so happy you're awake!", Aphrodite ran to Aurora.

Aurora almost fell to the ground, because she was so weak. But the sight of the little girl made her smile. She was happy she was alright and hugged her tighter. Aphrodite was someone she would miss when she would leave the pack.

"You've been sleeping for two weeks! I was scared you would never wake up",

Two weeks? Has she been asleep for two weeks? Everything started to spin as she felt overwhelmed. How much of her powers did she use?

"Hey, I got you", Eros caught her before she could fall.

She got dizzy and everything was spinning.

"Why do you have four eyes?", she asked.

And that's when she passed out.

{~}<->{~}<->

My appetite was gone as usual. Everybody around me ate happily, chatting and acting like the world was perfect. But it wasn't. At least not for me.

Aurora's words kept haunting me. They kept dragging my heart to pieces and I needed to close my eyes just for the pain to getaway. It never fully did.

"Are you okay, babe?", Liza asked, laying her bronzed hand on my arm.

I tried to smile to assure her, but she saw right through me. How was I supposed to tell her that I was heartbroken because Aurora asked me to kill her? How was I supposed to tell her that I crazy much cared for that girl? That would only break her heart.

"Just a bit busy with the aftermath", I admitted.

There was a truth to that. The aftermath was ridiculously much. All the injured men, the reparations of the field that came to use while we fought and some families who lost their son, father, husband or mate.

"You know that I can help you. You don't have to things on your own",

"I know that",

"Good, because you always seem to forget that", she kissed my cheek.

I smiled at her and pulled her under my arm. It felt nice to have her back, safe in my arms.