A MOMENT OF DESPAIR

They sat on the balcony watching the pack grounds. It was silent and Eros leaned back in his chair, finally letting the night sink in. He got married. It was so surreal.

"Where's that Jake?", he asked cutting through the silence.

"I left him",

He turned to her, surprised. He thought she was so hopelessly in love with him, the reason she left him.

"Why?",

"He cheated",

How do you respond to that? Eros was angry that she left him for a little kid, but he didn't want her to be so sad and hurt. She still meant something to her and he felt bad for her.

"I'm sorry, Liza",

"No, you aren't",

He turned to her, she was crying. The wind blew away her hair, making her look gorgeous, but he didn't felt affected. He had a gorgeous wife in the other room waiting for him.

"I was stupid for leaving you. I'm sorry",

"He's also your mate",

"I don't want to talk about him anymore",

She was still angry. Jake cheated on her with her supposedly best friend, who had a mate herself. It still hurt ridiculously much, so she ran to Eros for comfort.

But she started to doubt he was going to give it her.

"I want you back",

He laughed. That was his response. He laughed at her. But she was dead serious and he soon caught that. The look on her face told him everything.

"Are you serious?",

"I was wrong for leaving you",

Eros started to shake his head, but she grasped his hand. Tingles set free in his body, but he quickly stopped them. Aurora. He only wanted Aurora.

"Please, Eros, I love you",

She was getting closer and closer and he stepped away.

"No",

"What does she have that I don't?!",

They were both standing and her screams probably started to catch attention. He wanted to walk away, but her demanding grip didn't let him.

"Stop this",

"Tell me!", she screamed.

"She's funny, good hearted, strong willed, generous, kind, intelligent, talented and I could go on. I'm not saying you're a bad person, you're far from that. You're just confused and you want to go back to when things weren't confusing. But there's a reason we cannot go back to the past, Liza. My future is with Aurora now. And if you want to be in if, you'll need to be satisfied with just friends, because I don't want more than that",

More tears dripped down her cheeks and he finally got free from her grip and took steps back.

"You just got together with her because I chose Jake!",

"No, I chose her over you long before there was a Jake",

And he walked away. It seemed like there was no place in his future for Liza now.

{~}<->{~}<->

Liza sat alone on a bench in Central Park, watching the world slip away before her. There she sat, completely alone, with no one to love. Once she was this perfect girl, that everybody adored. That Eros adored, but that was over.

"Elizabeth Jones?",

Àlpha James.

"Mind if I take a seat?", he asked pointing at the spot next to her.

She shook her head and he sat down next to her. A silence passed and he turned to her. Her long blond hair laid nicely behind her shoulders and he got why everybody fell in love with her. She was gorgeous.

"What are you doing here all by yourself?",

"I have no home anymore",

"Àlpha Eros bashed you out?",

A long sigh escaped her pulp lips and she turned to him.

"Aurora completely dominates his heart now, there's no place for me",

"What is it about her? Why does everyone loves her?",

James chuckled and smiled weakly at Liza. He had an answer for that, because he loved her. Still.

"She's true and that's hard to find in a world as fake as ours. It's refreshing",

Liza stayed quiet and started at two birds in front of them, fighting over some bread.

"Do you still love her?",

"Yes",

Of course he did.

"Do you still love him?",

"Yes",

Of course she did.

They stared at each other and in a moment of despair they shared a kiss on a bench in central pack. James had Alice at home, with his newly born daughter, but kissing Liza felt good.

Better than Alice.

"I have a hotel room not far from here", he interrupted their kiss.

"Yes",

And they ran off, to fulfill their needs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The end is coming up!
Auroras relationship with her mom is strengthening, but with her sisters isn't.
But maybe it will...
Vote and Comment!
XXXXXXXXXXXX