Prologue: How They Got Together

ADELAIDE'S EYES followed her four-year crush everywhere. Thanks to her outstanding stalking skills, she knew exactly where he was going at the usual time every day.

A group of familiar-looking boys sauntered into the cafe where Adelaide and her friend, Jessica, were deliberately in. Adelaide's crush, Tobias, looked unconfidently towards the ground, playing around with his fingers while remaining silent as his group of boisterous friends laughed at their inner jokes.

Tobias was wearing a grey hoodie which totally suited his slightly lean figure, along with a pair of loose maroon trousers that made him seem goofier than he already was. His black thick-rimmed spectacles shielded his blue captivating eyes which was a complete waste to Adelaide. His brown hair was tousled as usual, but he didn't seem to really care. He never styled his hair, anyway. From the looks of it, Tobias could be so focused on studying he didn't bother grooming himself. Yet Adelaide couldn't help but gawk at the side of him.

Tobias was a total nerd, but he didn't seem like he never worked out. Though, Adelaide never fancied gigantically buff guys who grew on protein shakes and looked more like their bodies were disproportionate. She preferred average-looking bodies that weren't too skinny, yet not too buff. And Tobias was just right. Healthy. And he was adorable and innocent.

Adelaide swallowed. She couldn't stand it anymore. Four years of waiting stupidly, and still Tobias made no move. Did he even know of her existence? Or could he possibly already have a crush?

She always felt insecure, which, she knew, shouldn't be the case when she was popular among guys. Adelaide had golden curls usually tied into a fishtail braid and unique grey eyes, but her Cup D boobs were probably always the reason why people spared her a second glance. Her hourglass figure was something the guys in her school always wowed about. She wasn't skinny, but she wasn't fat—her curves were just right, and that added onto her beauty. Her outfits were vast, but she looked good in them no matter what she wore.

Usually Adelaide kept her fashion simple and baggy thanks to school, but also because she had always felt insecure about her perky oversized boobs that seemed to weigh a ton and were just an inconvenience to herself. However, having read a couple of hentai mangas and sensual books, she realised she was frequently aroused or wanted to be aroused. She came to her own conclusion that her female hormones were too high and that was probably why her boobs made her feel even hornier.

Despite her interest in sex, Adelaide was a virgin and never had a boyfriend. She was a wolf in sheep's clothing, especially in school, putting on a facade in front of all her friends, acting as innocent and good-natured as she could. Guys always confessed their love to her, but she never wanted to settle down.

The reason was simple: Adelaide was only interested in one person— Tobias Salvatore.

And Tobias? Well, for now, he seemed to be single. And Adelaide was going to do one thing to confirm that.

"Tobias!" Adelaide cried a little too loudly, whooshing in front of him after garnering support from her best friend. Jessica sat at the round table, folding her arms while watching this little show enfold before her as she chewed on her chewing gum. Her face was flat as if she hadn't been too surprised at her best friend's act. After four years of bugging her and gushing to her about Tobias, this little blonde was finally going to do something about her love life, although Jessica never understood her taste.

"C-c-can I borrow you for a minute?" Adelaide shrieked, unconfident despite herself. Tobias' friends paused and stared at the small-sized hottie in front of them, giving her a once-over.

One of them whistled. "Are you sure you're looking for Tobias... not someone else from this clique?"

"I want Tobias Salvatore!" She continued, her high-pitched voice catching the group of boys off-guard.

At a table nearby, Jessica buried her face with her palms. "I don't know who this girl is," she muttered, looking away from the scene created by her embarrassing friend.

"Wow... you can have him!" Another tall friend of his laughed and pushed Tobias to the front.

Tobias finally looked up to see who the girl who'd called him out was. His sky blue eyes widened as he took in this girl's features. His expression was complicated and hard to read. His mouth slowly opened as he stammered. "M-m-me?"

"Yes, you!" Adelaide's cheeks flushed, her eyes avoiding her crush's gaze, "come with me for a while!" With that, she pulled his left hand by force without giving him a chance to object.

"Do I owe you anything? Money, perhaps?" Tobias' soft and uncertain voice made her feel more more uneasy. It was barely their fifth time talking to each other, and though they had conversed before, their conversations were quick and random, never really serious or long. Adelaide was always the one to make the first move, she still was, but now things were different. They were going to be.

"I like you! I love you! Ever since we were fourteen, I've never stopped looking at you! I can't live without you! Please go out with me!" These words escaped Adelaide's mouth before she could fully comprehend them. Her eyes were shut tight and she was practically clenching her fists, her knuckles growing pale. Her forehead creased tightly and her whole face grew redder each time she added a sentence.

Tobias' jaws dropped. His heartbeat start to accelerate. Ba-thump, ba-thump. He could hear it in his ears. He was sure his face was growing as red as Adelaide's, if not worse. His lips felt dry and he really had the urge to cover his face with his hands.

"You... me?" Tobias breathed, his voice hoarse, almost a whisper.

Adelaide nodded, although she half-regretted what she had just blurted out.

"We don't know each other," he began.

"We can get to know each other if we date," She prodded.

He kept silent, giving a blank look on his face. Adelaide's heart felt as if it was going to jump out of her chest. Silence seemed worse than a rejection as an answer to her. She was this close to confessing to him once again in case he didn't catch what she said just now.

Tobias remained quiet for what seemed like an eternity. Abruptly, his head did a little action that seemed like a nod, although it was so small Adelaide thought her eyes were playing tricks on her. But the colour of Tobias' cheeks revealed his true answer.

Adelaide squeaked. "I'll try my best!"

Thus began an uncertain and awkward relationship between the little horny girl and shy boy.