Chapter Seven: (Awkward) First Kiss

"ADELAIDE. YOU'RE NOT wearing that. C'mon!" Jessica gasped in disbelief as she stared at her best friend.

Today was Adelaide's fourth 'monthsary' with her boyfriend; she'd begged Jessica to come over early in the morning to choose her outfit for her date. Jessica, who had always supported her all the way, agreed to come.

Although she had only been together with Tobias for four months, it didn't really feel that long— time seemed to whoosh by whenever she was with him.

"Why not?" She asked while studying herself by the full body mirror. She was wearing a red low-cut wrapped dress that revealed more than just her cleavage; it was so low that it showed off nearly three quarters of her ample bosom. The dress more than flattered her body. It was practically meant for her— it lined the curves of her waist intricately and voluptuously traced the back of her full butt. She'd tied her blonde curls up into a high ponytail, allowing spotlight to shine on her sleek neckline. Her makeup was light but enough to cover up her blackheads and occasional scars, and she'd deliberately applied a deep red lipstick to complement both her fair skin tone and her dress.

"It's way too sexy," Jessica replied.

"Isn't that exactly the point?" Adelaide smirked at her best friend, giving her a suggestive wink.

"You want to seduce your boyfriend." Jessica's voice dropped an octave as she realised what her friend had meant.

Adelaide gave her a flying kiss, wiggling her eyebrows at her while shaking her shoulders sassily.

"You didn't even need me to help you choose your outfit! You've already chosen it," Jessica rolled her eyes but a knowing smile formed on her face.

Adelaide laughed. "You know me well, Jess. I just wanted to seek validation from my dear friend! And it seems— my choice of dress was right."

Jessica rolled her eyes again. "Lend me that dress next time."

* * * * *

Adelaide sucked in a breath. It was her first time wearing such a revealing outfit in front of her boyfriend. Honestly, she was already regretting her decision, as she didn't know what Tobias would think of her.

Yet, she wanted to tempt him, to make him think of her in a more sensual way. She reckoned he didn't have many — or even any, for that matter — wild thoughts about her, knowing his honest and righteous personality. However, unlike him, she wasn't innocent at all. She'd been craving for him ever since they had just started dating, and her yearning for him grew each day. Her greed and satiation for him increased the more time they spent with each other. It was difficult not to feel this way with Tobias. She wanted there to be something more between them.

Then again, Tobias may not be fond of this new style of hers. For all she knew, he may be the type to judge her fashion sense. Thankfully, passers-by gave her a newfound confidence as they casted on her unyielding stares, some blatantly checking her out while others studied her in envy.

"A-A-A-Adelaide?" The voice called out from behind her, uncertain.

She turned around and smiled brightly at the love of her lifetime.

Tobias was wearing a simple maroon V-neck and dark blue jeans. It was such a basic outfit, but Adelaide thought that nobody could outshine his looks. He didn't have to style his hair or spray perfume. He didn't have to wear an elaborate costume to look good. Him plainly wearing any type of clothes would already charm Adelaide.