Chapter Four: Heart Eyes Emoji

Note: this chapter is slightly perverted, but not exactly mature material, so you should read at your own risk!

ADELAIDE HATED RUNNING. When she was in the third grade, she slipped and fell because of it. During the seventh grade, she got teased for being the last runner in PE lesson. And in the ninth grade, her asthma started acting up again, causing her to nearly be hospitalised.

But she knew how passionate her boyfriend was about running. She'd observed him during their mutual PE lessons since long ago, noticing how much he excelled in sports—specifically running— and how happy he would be at the end of the lesson. She'd often stayed in school even after the day ended, just to watch him play Football with his friends. And although she didn't know much about Football, after sourcing for information about it from her friends, she found out that his role was a 'Forward'. She didn't know what that was, but it sounded hot. Well, everything about her boyfriend was hot, so that might sound a bit biased.

Hence when Tobias mustered up the courage to invite her for a run on Sunday, she couldn't possibly reject him. In fact, she immediately answered a 'yes!' when he raised the question.

Now, as Adelaide did the stretching exercises with Tobias, she found herself regretting her decision.

"T-t-thanks for coming with me, Ad," Tobias spluttered, his indigo blue eyes cast towards hers, his long eyelashes covering half his eyes, "I've been w-wanting to... run with you for a while now."

To say she had melted under his gaze was an understatement. How could any guy be this... pretty? She was practically jealous of his beauty. Moreover, the way he called her nickname made her stomach do its flip flops— only on rare occasions did she hear him call her that.

"No worries," Adelaide laughed nervously, "I'm a fan of running anyway!"

What started out to be a jog turned into a full-on run, but Adelaide felt as if she was sprinting, trying to keep up with her boyfriend's speed. Thankfully, Tobias seemed to have realised she was having difficulties, and slowed down his pace to match hers. They had also taken a few breaks to walk instead of run, making it way less horrible than Adelaide had imagined it to be.

About an hour later, Adelaide was a breathless mess, her loose ponytail dangling, sweat drenching her black sports bra. She was glad she had decided to wear the sports bra as an outfit, or she would've felt hotter with shirt on under the heat from the sun.

Tobias was equally soaked in sweat. He finally suggested to sit and rest under a tree, which Adelaide gladly complied with.

Their quick breaths took a moment to slow down. They leaned onto the tree in defeat. Adelaide felt as if her calves were contracting in pain, almost as if she couldn't move her legs.

"Good job for trying your best, Adelaide," he began, still heaving from the run, his eyes darkening in guilt, "y-y-you really should've told me about your breathing problem."

Adelaide's eyes widened at how sharp he was for noticing it although she tried her best to hide it. "Sorry! I guess I really do wanna spend time with you; I don't really care what we do," she confessed apologetically.

She noticed Tobias' lips forming a small crescent. "We can still do other things," he mumbled.

She shrugged in response. Then, an ingenious idea crossed her twisted mind as her eyes travelled from his messy mocha hair to his neck, then to the grey dry-fit shirt that clung to his skin due to his sweat.

"Yeah, we could do other things," Adelaide licked her lips.

She'd always wondered how Tobias really looked like... under the clothes.