Chapter One: Holding Hands and Bear Hugs

Warning: fluff alert. Shy boy might gross you out and confident girl may piss you off. Read on at your own risk!

ADELAIDE POUTED AS she walked alongside her boyfriend.

"You know... it's been two months since we've dated," she licked her lips.

"Yeah?" Her boyfriend, Tobias, didn't seem to notice her annoyance coupled with desperation. He looked ahead, his eyes scanning their surroundings as though searching for something.

Adelaide rolled her eyes. This guy. She really needed to be as straightforward as possible with him. Sometimes she wondered if he was really this dumb or was merely playing dumb. "We haven't held hands."

Adelaide could see a hitch in his throat. Tobias began fidgeting uncomfortably, his eyes looking anywhere but her. "Uh....... huh."

"And we haven't hugged. Not even a bear hug!" She whined, closing up the distance between them. She inevitably tilted her head towards him such that their faces were now barely inches apart. She could now hear Tobias breathing heavily and smell his vanilla shampoo. Her eyes roamed around her crush's features, taking each beautiful feature in, starting from his thick manly eyebrows to his ever-alive blue eyes, his strawberry lips and his perfect jaw. Her eyes travelled further downwards and she could see him gulp nervously. Now she couldn't decipher whether the sounds of the accelerated heartbeats belonged to her or him. Maybe both.

Adelaide wanted to push her luck. She immediately took this opportunity to grab his left hand with her right one, before her energetic grey eyes darted back to his face. As expected, Tobias' blue eyes widened, his pupils dilated. A small blush began forming on his face. Yet he didn't say anything. Did this mean he was okay with holding hands?

She started to slip her fingers in his, forming an interlock. A smile emerged on her face without her realisation. His hand felt warm in contrast to the chilly weather they were experiencing. It was pure magic— holding his hand warmed her inside out and suddenly she didn't feel as cold as before. The hot chocolate she had just drank didn't even have such an effect on her.

Adelaide sneaked a glance at her boyfriend, her smile deepening at the sight. Tobias probably didn't know it, but his radiant smile gave him off. His eyes were bright and full-spirited, his lips ruby red and curved into a beautiful crescent. His blush deepened, and Adelaide had this sudden urge to pinch them in order to warm her hands completely. He still hadn't said a thing yet, but she knew he liked the feeling too.

"H-holding hands is okay," Tobias stole a glance at her, clearing his throat.

Talk about role reversal. Shouldn't it usually be the girl who feels shy about everything? Now Adelaide felt as if she was the one making the other party embarrassed.

Might as well, she thought mischievously.

"How about this?" She smirked and before he could even react, she practically pounced on him like she was a tiger and he was her prey.

'Pounce' was definitely the word to describe her actions. Tobias' breath hitched as he found his girlfriend's hands crawl to his back to form a full embrace. She felt soft; like cotton candy, against his body. Her petite yet curvy size suddenly made him realise he was a lot bigger than she was. The lavender scent wafted from her golden curls to his nose and he took his time to appreciate the scent that belonged to Adelaide only. He was completely sure she'd heard his wildly palpitating heart since her face was practically pressed against his beating chest.

Much to his disappointment, Adelaide pulled away after what felt like a few milliseconds. The sight before him shocked him more though.

Adelaide's cheeks were flushed beyond measure. Her ears grew redder every second. Her grey eyes had a look of confusion, and her lips were slightly quivering.

"No no no no," she shook her head vigorously, "this is too much for me."

This girl. A small grin tugged at Tobias' lips as he admired the rare sight of his girlfriend finally being embarrassed. He decided that holding hands was the right level for the both of them, so he grabbed her hand and pulled it to him, their hands intertwined.

A/n
Went to read this chapter and WOW. I CRINGED. I hope this wasn't too fluffy/diabetic for y'all. I tried to make it more romantic but. Writing romance is WAY TOO HARD!!!!!!

Anyway pls comment or vote or both! :) I'd love to hear from you guys on how to improve my writing style. Thanks!<3