10

Chapter 10: We'll Always Have Japan

Taehyung's hair is purple. As in, he dyed his hair purple overnight and Jungkook really wishes he hadn't. Because really, is there anything else the world wants to throw his way?

"Your hair is purple," he says stupidly enough that it makes the older crack a boxy grin.

"Very observatory, Jeon," he teases. But then Jungkook keeps staring at him with wide eyes and it makes Taehyung's right hand immediately go to his hair. He holds a strand between his thumb and index finger, eyeing the color self-consciously. Jin had said it was beautiful on him when he'd sent him a snap earlier this morning, but who knew? "Oh, you hate it?"

"No, of course not. It just---surprised me, that's all," Jungkook rushes to reply because he was never exactly good with spoken words and he doesn't seem to be getting any better. 

"Well, I am full of surprises," Tae answers with a self-assured half-smile that contradicts his previous doubt.

"That you are," the younger admits with a resigned sigh as he finally moves away from the door, letting Taehyung walk inside his room like he owns it. He's wearing light blue jeans with a huge green butterfly sewed to his right thigh and a white and blue sweater with damn pineapples on it. It'd probably look ridiculous in anyone else but he looks so incredibly endearing that it makes Jungkook want to scream.

"Look at us, getting along. Aren't we cute?" Taehyung grins as he turns away from the window he was looking through.

"I know you are," Jungkook blurts out before he can't catch the words and save them in his pocket like he's been doing since the beginning of the trip.

"Wow, two compliments in a row!" Tae claps his hands like an excited toddler.

"Hey, I compliment you often," Jungkook frowns, because inside his head praising Taehyung is all he's been doing lately.

"Sure, sure. Doesn't hurt to hear it more often, though," Taehyung shrugs nonchalantly.

Jungkook smiles. "So, where are we going?" he asks because Tae had sent him a text at eight a.m, rudely waking him up with a large string of smiling emojis as he told him the news channel had announced that the central streets were now open to the public, which meant they could finally look around like he wanted to. And who was Jungkook to say no to that? Also, he figured it would be much worse for his mental state and health to stay in the hotel alone with Taehyung, anyway.

"Everywhere!" the older replies as he takes a map out of his pocket and opens it, moving to stand next to Jungkook as he begins pointing out the different places he's already marked with red stars he bought from the hotel's shop. "It sucks it isn't spring though, wish we could see the blossom trees but oh well...hopefully the snow won't have gotten inside the museum. That would be problematic."

Jungkook chuckles. "It would be."

"Well, let's go before we waste more time, the day is short," he declares, already moving towards the door.

"Can I...?" the younger begins, isn't even quite sure why but he might as well finish it since he started it.

"What is it?" he asks sending him a curious glance over his shoulder.

"Can I kiss you?"

Taehyung snorts. "Since when do you ask, you idiot?"

Jungkook shrugs, wishing his cheeks weren't burning. Tae laughs at him before leaning over and pressing his soft lips against his own. And god, it feels so good to be kissing him even though they literally kissed last night. He instantly gets a hold of his waist, fingers digging into the soft fabric of his sweater as he lets his tongue wander around the other's mouth.