11

Chapter 11: The Futile Attempt of my Heart

(I recommend listening to House of Cards through this chapter, especially in the taekook part...)

"So let me get this straight. Basically the trip was good but your fuck-buddy got mad at you and suddenly started ignoring you?" Jin asks, eyebrows raised in surprise as he listens intently to Taehyung's words. The whole story sounds too much like a k-drama and he actually admires Tae for having such a dramatic outcome to his business trip.

"Why do you say fuck-buddy when you already know we're talking about Jungkook?" he asks back, voice muffled by the pillow his face is currently buried in.

"'Cause I'm kinda waiting for you to correct me and tell me he's more than that," comes the older's easy reply, his right shoulder raising and falling as the words leave his mouth. He's inspecting his nails, the stance indifferent as if he didn't care that much for Taehyung's current predicament.

"He's not though, why would I do that?" Tae asks, looking up from his pillow with furrowed eyebrows.

Seokjin sighs dramatically, hand thrown over his forehead like a damsel in distress. "I love you Tae but sometimes you are really dense."

This makes the younger grunt, but the sound is once again muffled by the pillow and it comes out more like a whine."Whatever, I don't give a shit."

"Sure doesn't seem like it since you've been moping from the moment you came through the door."

That isn't entirely true considering Jimin ambushed him as soon as he got there and hugged the living shit out of him, apologies falling from his mouth like water even when Tae had been wrong in the first place. So they both apologized continuously like the two idiots they are (fighting never quite suit them) and ended up cuddling on the couch watching TV until Yoongi came over and joined them.

Tae grabs the pillow and refrains from punching it when Jin sends him a warningly raised eyebrow. He's wearing an oversized beige sweatshirt that would usually make him look like a lost, adorable puppy but isn't quite doing the job combined with his fiery eyes.

"Yes and you've been glowing, is my boss that good of a fuck?" he asks either way, a challenge in his tongue.

Seokjin grins as if he just asked exactly what he wanted to hear. "He is so much more than a fuck, Tae. See? Not that hard."

Taehyung rolls his eyes, choosing to ignore the bubbling anger as to not physically hurt his friend. "So are you two like in love or some shit?"

He flinches at his own words. He sounds like a rebellious teenager.

"We're on our way to it, yes. He makes me happy, I make him happy, what is there to make me run away? I'm not you," he finishes with a sly smile that makes the younger wonder if he has a death wish. This time he grabs the pillow and throws it against the wall, no longer concealing his anger and also wishing to show Seokjin just how mad he is, in case his cursing and enraged eyes aren't enough of a giver. Because yeah he might want to punch his friend but he'd never actually dare doing that.

"Okay that's it, stop it. Namjoon and you may be all lovey-dovey which is still creeping me out by the way, but do not compare your situation with mine," he says, voice clear and determined despite the slight shaking on his fingers. He clasps his hands together in a futile attempt to make it less obvious to Jin; as if he didn't see everything. He even has the nerve to look amused.

"Why not?"

"Because! Me and Jungkook have hated each other for years and now have barely begun to get along and he's already back to hating me so why on earth would our situation be any similar to your obviously successful relationship with my boss!?" he yells, now standing up from the bed with bright eyes like those of an offended puppy. His hair is a mess due to all the tugging he's been doing ever since the plane landed on Seoul, his lips are red and bitten and a small part of him asks himself why and more importantly when did Jungkook begin to play such an important role in his mood.