17

Chapter 17: Honeymoon Phase

Jimin stares at his friend and muffles a giggle with his hand, eyes darting towards his boyfriend who is raising his eyebrows in perplexity at the sight of a nervous Kim Taehyung pacing around the living room with only a towel hung over his waist.

Taehyung is mumbling under his breath, checking his reflection on the mirror even though he still hasn't decided on what to wear and his hair is wet, strands sticking to his forehead and water drops falling to the floor. Yoongi fails to see what's so funny about the situation, for his friend has been freaking out for over an hour now and it's a bit concerning in his opinion.

"Shouldn't we...do something?" Yoongi asks then, leaning over the couch to reach Jimin better. His boyfriend shakes his head, body trembling with barely contained laughter.

"This is too good. I've never seen him like this."

" Guys . I'm not fucking deaf, you know? I just---I need to have the perfect outfit. He's already so hot no matter what he wears and he's got money...well, he used to have money," he raises a hand to cover his gaping mouth then, eyes widening in realization. "Oh my god, he resigned! Does that mean he's poor now? Am I supposed to pay? I can't afford a great restaurant!"

"Taehyung, calm down. He won't be here for another two hours," Yoongi reminds him after checking his wrist watch. He wishes he didn't know the exact time when Jungkook is coming up to get his friend, for it's none of his business and he'd rather do something else than watch him basically throw a tantrum every two seconds, but after hearing it for the last two days it kind of stuck.

Taehyung turns towards him at the speed of lightning, eyes wide as he slams a hand against his forehead. "Two hours!? I got two hours," he repeats in a lower voice.

"Dude, haven't you two been dating for like a month now?" Yoongi inquiries as he takes the remote control and changes the channel for one without a boring cliché drama on it now that Jimin isn't watching anymore. He adores his boyfriend but oh how he hates having to endure episode after episode of lame as fuck storylines, bad acting and writers obviously trying to come up with original plots (they fail, every single time).

"Three weeks. This is our first official date," Taehyung replies, nodding his head at a pair of blue skinny jeans that have rips in the knees and at the back of the thighs. Yoongi frowns at the clothes and wonders if going naked is a choice, too, for those jeans reveal a lot of skin on themselves.

"But---"

"Yoongi, let him be," Jimin says, smile still plastered on his face as he tells his best friend that those jeans are gonna make his ass look downright edible. Yoongi frowns at the nasty comment.

"But I don't get it. He met his boyfriend's parents before going on a date with him? Who does that?" he questions next, but he only gets two glares in return.

"We just liked hanging out inside and---just... god, let us live!" Taehyung yells, holding a black shirt so tight on his hands that Yoongi wonders for a moment if he wants to rip it to make a nice matching outfit with the jeans. He rolls his eyes at the two and turns his attention back to the tv.

"Whatever," is all he mutters as Taehyung tells Jimin he needs to do his hair and both run up the stairs like a pair of gossipy, excited teenagers.

"Okay. Complete honesty. Do I look hot?" Taehyung asks as he turns away from the mirror on his bathroom, looking at Jimin expectantly, who is sitting in his bed with his head resting on the palm of his hand

"Yes, Taehyung. Seriously. If you weren't my best friend, I would totally hit on you," he answers for what seems like the hundredth time. Taehyung can't help the hint of a smile as he plays with the hem of his shirt. There's still the tug of insecurity making his heartbeat a bit faster than normal.