Getting adjusted

I woke to the sound of voices that were not my guards. I kept my eyes shut. Where was I?

"So you're trying to tell me that the girl just willingly came back to the jet with you? No protesting? That doesn't make you suspicious at all Cap?"

The voice was Tony Stark. I was still in the Quinjet with the Avengers. I listened to the conversation.

"You said that she can teleport. How do we know that she won't just teleport away once she gets the chance?"

"We just have to trust her," I heard Cap say. "She tries to run, we'll track her, although I don't see why she would try to run. We're offering her a home and new life. Safety. She would be really stupid to not take this. As soon as she leaves Hydra will be after her. At least what's left of it will."

I tensed as I realized that Cap was right. Hydra never liked to let me out of my cell, which means that somehow I was important to them. 

"How long until we land Stark?" I heard Natasha ask.

"Ten minutes," he replied. Time to show I'm awake. I yawned and opened my eyes. I sat up and made a show of stretching my arms and popping my joints.

"Morning Sleeping Beauty," Tony said from the front of the ship. I rolled my eyes and looked around the ship. Everything was the same as when I went to sleep. I glanced at the scepter.

The blue stone was calling to me, and I quickly averted my eyes to the ceiling above it to get rid of the temptation to touch it.

For the next ten minutes I stared at the wall. Thinking. The bump of the jet touching the ground is what jarred me from my senses. 

I looked over at Tony who was talking to Thor. "I mean just a few days until the farewell party. You coming?"

"Yes, yes, of course," said Thor. "A victory should be honored with revels."

Tony turned to Cap. "Yeah, who doesn't love revels. Captain?"

"Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and Hydra, so yes, revels."

Tony looked at me. "You're coming too kid. I'll have Pepper and Nat take you shopping for a dress." I got his hidden message. I wasn't leaving.

The door in the back opened and in rushed a whole bunch of people. They grabbed the stretcher that Clint Barton was on and hurried him out. Natasha and Bruce walked out of the jet. I stood to my feet and stretched a little. A woman with dark hair and a tablet in her hand walked into the jet.

"Lab's all set up boss."

Tony pointed to Cap. "Uh, actually he's the boss. I just pay for everything and design everything and make everyone look cooler..."

Steve followed her out of the jet and I stopped listening to the conversation. I turned to Tony.  "Aren't you just a humble little man."

He winked. "The humblest. Come on kid. I'll show you to your room." 

We walked to an elevator, the doors opened when we got close to them. We both stood in in it and rode it down five floors in awkward silence. The doors opened and we walked down a hallway with many doors. 

"This hallway is where most of the Avengers stay. Your room is right here next to Nat's." I nodded. Again. Place me next to the well trained assassin. She'll know if I leave. I got your message loud and clear.

"Take a shower, chill out. There's a Tv in there, so you could watch Netflix or something."

I nodded and smiled a half fake smile at Tony. "Thank you."