Old McBarton Had a Farm

A little while later, the quin jet landed on a grassy hill. I stood form my bench and stretched. My joints popped and I sighed in relief. I looked down at my clothes. 

My all black clothing was torn a little and covered in dust. When had that happened? What happened?

Steve looked like the cover for "The boy next door goes emo". Nat was quiet and stared at the wall, as was Thor. And Bruce. Poor Dr. Banner.

He must feel terrible. I can't imagine what it's like to go rogue like that and just destroying everything.

We walked out on a grassy hill. It was beautiful. There were trees and it was all so green.

My vision went white, but I still kept walking.

The white cleared. I saw a little girl with a mop of orange curls. She was wearing a green coat with red wellies. She ran across the green grass.Her arms were stretched out like an airplane and her Scottish accent was strong as she called out to her mother.

"LOOK AT ME MAMA!! I"M AN AIRPLANE!!!"

She kept running, and just when I thought she was going to crash into me, she just passed through. Like a ghost. I heard another woman's laughter and I turned to see a woman with equally orange hair pick the little girl up. She too, was Scottish.

"Ye can be anything you want to be Alice. Don't let anythin' stop ya." The woman pulled the girl to her chest and looked up with a smile on her face. Her vivid green eyes pierced mine and then everything went white. 

I looked around to see that I was back with The Avengers. I had only walked a foot in the span of my sudden vision, and it seemed like the team hadn't noticed. They were probably too out of it to notice, or care.

"Where are we?" Steve asked as we were about to enter the farmhouse.

"A safe house," said Tony.

"Let's hope," Clint added.

We all awkwardly shuffled in through the door, right after Clint. We all stood in the living, of what I was starting to  think is Clint's house.

Clint shouldered his bag and called out, "Honey I'm home!" 

A very pregnant woman waddled in and Clint looked a little sheepish. "Hi. Company. I'm sorry I didn't call ahead."

"Hi," the woman said.

She kissed Clint and I looked at Tony and Thor, who were next to me, in alarm.

"This is an agent of some kind," Tony muttered to Thor.

"Gentlemen," Clint looked at me. "And ladies. This is Laura."

The pregnant woman awkwardly waved. "I already know all of your names," she said with a small smile. I heard yelling and Clint turned around.

"Ooooh. Incoming!" Two children, a boy and a girl rushed into the room and hugged Clint.

"Dad!" The girl exclaimed. Clint kissed the top of her head and then his sons.

"Hey buddy, how you guys doing?"

Tony looked at us again. "These are smaller agents..." I snorted.

"Did you bring Aunty Nat?" The girl asked.

Natasha snapped out of her daze and grinned. She stalked towards the kids. "Well why don't you hug her and find out?"

Nat was in on it. I couldn't believe that Clint had kids. And a farm. Old McBarton had a farm..

*White vision*

"Old McDonald had a farm, e-i-e-i-oooooo." The little girl sang and skipped around her mother. They were in a pasture, with sheep, and pigs.