Life Buoy 8

Nicki found it hard to have a good sleep that night. For some reason her mind was filled with thoughts of that bedimpled guy, that even in her dreams his face keeps popping up. She tossed and turned in bed to find a comfortable spot so she could sleep some more but to no avail. Because everytime she tries to close her eyes, images of RJ is what she sees. So she gave up. She shook her head trying to erase his image in her mind and she sat up on the bed as she reached for her phone on the bedside table to check the time. It's only 6 in the morning. She saw 10 missed calls and 3 messages all from Joaqui. She looked at Sheena who was still sleeping soundly beside her. She heaved a deep sigh as she decided to read his messages.

From: Joaquin
2:15am
Nicki, babe... i'm sorry! Please answer your phone...

From: Joaquin
2:20am
Babe pls talk to me... i'm sorry i yelled at you.. let's talk pls..

From: Joaquin
2:30am
You must be sleeping na babe... rest well... sana okay na tayo bukas... i'm really sorry... love you...

Her heart constricted with what she read in his last message. He loves her but she doesn't really feel the same. Infact, she doesn't feel anything towards Joaqui at all. She knew she needs to straighten it out with Joaqui but she still don't know what to say or how to say it without hurting him. She was still contemplating on what to reply when she heard a knock on the door. It started as a soft knock but then it grew louder and louder. She decided to wake Sheena up.

"Beshie! Beshie..." she whispered, tapping Sheena on her shoulder.

"Hmmmm.."

"Sheens! Gising please... may tao..."

"Hmmmm... antok pa ko Nics.. please let's sleep some more..." Sheena responded with her eyes still closed but Nicki was eager to wake her up so she shook her more.

"Beshie... please... ikaw magcheck ng door... baka si Joaqui yun eh..."

"Eeeehhh.. beshie ikaw na... kung ayaw mo hayaan na natin siya and just go back to sleep..."

Nicki contemplated if she should just go to the door and face Joaqui if ever he's the one behind the door. "No, hindi pa ko prepared sa sasabihin ko... I need to clear my head of RJ first. Ugh! Bat ba kasi si RJ naiisip ko? Ano ka ba Nicki?! Concentrate. Just get this over and done with."

She stood up and silenty walked towards the door. Yet just when she was a few steps away from it, she thought, "Pero teka, paano ba?! Ano bang sasabihin ko kay Joaquin? Shit! I need Sheena talaga to help me out on this. Sheens!!!! Paano ko ba gigisingin toh?"

She sighed as she went back to bed. She was looking at her bestfriend's sleeping figure on the bed and suddenly an idea came to mind. She smiled. She cleared her throat first then started shaking Sheena's arm again.

"Sheens! Oh my god! Ang gugwapo! Ito yata yung mga guys na nakilala mo kagabi. Oh gosh!"

Just then, Sheena abruptly opened her eyes and rose from the bed.

"Huh? Talaga?! Ano ka ba beshie bakit ngayon mo lang sinabi?! Anong itsura ko? Syet na malagket! Homaygahd! Teka, cr muna ko. Asan na ba yung red lipsti-"

Sheena stopped and realized that her bestfriend was kidding when Nicki was already laughing silently as she turned to her.

"Paksyet! You're making a fool out of me beshie! Tatawa-tawa ka pa dyan ha!"

"Sus! Parang di naman kita kilala nyan beshie. If you only saw what i saw when you heard the word gwapo! Hahahahaha! Instant gising talaga eh! Hahahahaha! Winner tal-"

Their laughing was interrupted when they heard somebody spoke from the door. Nicki bit her lip as she looked at Sheena.

"Nicki, Sheena... i know you're in there and you're already awake... i can hear murmurs from here.. please Nicki, babe, let me talk to you..."