Life Buoy 10

RJ felt like the whole world fell upon him as he walked back to the lifeguard tower after Sheena gave him the piece of paper with her mobile number. When he got to the post, he was met by the questioning look on his friends' faces, wanting to know how things went with Nicki and Sheena.

"Bakit naman mukha kang pinagsakluban ng langit at lupa dyan? May nangyari pa ba pagkahatid mo 'tol?" Kristoff bravely asked.

"Ha? Wala, wala. Maayos naman sila nakarating sa room. Okay naman."

"Eh bakit ganyan mukha mo kuya RJ? Hindi ka ba masaya na ikaw ang knight in shining armor nung crush mo?" Josh added.

"Sus! Paanong magsasaya eh kamuntik na nga siya dun kanina? Kinabahan kaya ako. Nalunod na nga yung tao, magsasaya pa?"

"Hindi naman yun yung ibig ko sabihin. What I mean is hindi ka ba masaya na nasave mo siya? Ano? May sinabi pa ba sayo?"

"Masaya naman ako na nakatulong ako kanina. Nagpasalamat naman sila. Yun lang."

"Yown! Dude nagpathankyou naman pala, eh bat ganyan yung mukha mo? Tsaka ano ba yang hawak mo?" Jerome also asked, pointing at the piece of paper in his hand.

They were all seated inside the tower as RJ stood in front of them with the said paper still in his left hand. He crumpled it right away and excused himself so he could change into dry clothes.

"Ha? Wala toh! Pakiabot na lang yung pouch ko, uuwi muna ko saglit at magbibihis. Lunch break naman kami mga 'tol! Babalik din kami agad. Tara na Josh!"

They immediately walked back to the resort. Josh went to his father's office to give him an update about what happened earlier while RJ went straight to his room, quickly took a shower and fixed himself up. Once done, he sat on his bed thinking of what to do with the piece of paper in his hand.

Bakit kasi ang tanga mo RJ? Hindi naman mahirap
bigkasin yung name ni Nicki diba? Bakit number ni Sheena kinuha mo? Ano na lang sasabihin ni Nicki sayo nyan? Hay! Feeling mo naman RJ! Anong sasabihin ni Nicki e may syota nga?! Hahaha! Sabagay baka mabasa pa ng syota niyang maangas yung message mo, tama lang din na si Sheena na lang itext mo. Pero anong sasabihin mo kay Sheena? Tama! Kumustahin mo lang yung lagay ni Nicki, kung okay na ba siya talaga. Yun! Tama yun!

He contemplated thoroughly how to ask Sheena without sounding so interested with Nicki. Compose-Erase-Retype. When he was satisfied with the message, he heaved a deep sigh before he pressed the send button. Then he placed his phone in his pouch again as he walked out the door and back to their post.

****************
As soon as Sheena closed the door, she went to Nicki who was getting her clothes and toiletries as she prepares to shower. Sheena sat on the bed just right behind Nicki with a wide smile on her face.

"Beshieeeee!!!!"

Nicki pretended to busy herself, rummaging through her things, with her back against Sheena. When she heard RJ asked for her bestfriend's number, she was truly shocked. She didn't know why but somehow she was saddened with the thought that he was interested with Sheena. Yet she didn't wanna show her that, so she hurriedly ran to her bag and turned her back to her bestfriend when she heard her closing the door. Because even if it was a bitter pill to swallow, she would gladly support Sheena if it may lead to something more.

"I know Sheens.
I heard. I'm happy for you.
Really! Bagay kayo!"

She got inside the bathroom with her heart feeling heavy. She was so confused. She should be happy for Sheena but she found it really hard to smile with the thought. Her mind was still filled with thoughts of him. Just thinking about RJ and Sheena, it was like something sharp pierced through her heart.