Life Buoy 11

Sheena was already on her way back to their room when she saw RJ probably about 24 steps ahead, walking timidly and heading towards the same direction as hers. She observed him from that safe distance and realized that he was actually going to their room. She was surprised and would really want to know the reason for his sudden visit yet her mind tells her to leave it to her best friend and let them talk for a while. She realized they need this moment to finally admit to themselves what they truly feel, especially Nicki. So instead of approaching RJ, she turned around and walked away from the resort again. She decided to just roam around the island and give them time.

When RJ decided to personally check on Nicki, he mustered all the courage he could get. As he was walking towards their resort, he already prepared himself for the worst.

Well, kung nandun man yung
boyfriend, harapin mo na
lang pero wag mong papatulan.
Wala ka namang masamang
intensyon. As a lifeguard, you
just need to check on her.
Pero mas maganda sana kung
wala yung kumag, para kahit
paano masilip ko man lang si Nicki.
Kahit isang sulyap lang. Makita ko lang
na maayos ang lagay niya, ok na ko.
Bonus na lang kung pumayag
si Sheena na makausap ko siya.

His footsteps were quite heavy and his heart was beating erratically as he got closer to his destination. He checked his phone but there's still no reply from Sheena.

Ano na kaya nangyari dun?
Hindi man lang ako nireplyan.
Sadya kaya yun o baka hindi pa
nababasa. Baka kasi busy sila RJ.
Hay! Pero hindi ako mapakali,
I need to see her. Bakit ba
ganito? Sa dami naman ng
pwedeng magustuhan, yung
taken pa talaga RJ eh. Hay buhay!

He shook his head with the thoughts in his mind. He didn't know why he's so affected with Nicki knowing that it was only a few days ago when he met her. He doesn't really believe that there's love at first sight but with the way he feels for Nicki right now, he's slowly coming into terms that this kind of love truly exists.

He reached the resort where they stay in no time. Now he's standing in front of their room. He heaved a deep sigh before he raised his right hand and knock on their door. As soon as he knocked, he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He immediately took out his phone and was startled when he read the message.

From: Nicki's😍 friend - Sheena
Hi RJ! I'm sorry for the late reply. Anyway, Sheena must've been out of her wits earlier that's why she gave you the wrong number. Sorry for that too. Nonetheless, i wanna thank you for saving my life earlier. I'm feeling okay now, thanks for your concern din. -Nicki

RJ was still looking at his phone and was trying to grasp the name at the end of message he received when the door suddenly swung open and there appeared the very person he's been wanting to see. They were both dumbfounded to see each other that Nicki had to cover her mouth as she let out an audible gasp while RJ stood frozen with eyes widened in shock as he looked deeply into her beautiful doe eyes.

RJ?!!
OMG! OMG! OMG!
Anong ginagawa nito dito?

Nicki...
Haaay! Lord, bakit ang ganda?!
Parang hindi muntik malunod...
Hihimatayin yata ako, Lord.