6. Your wish is my command

Song: Someone like you - EXO-CBX ✨

'Oh someone like you, are you listening? Someone like you, where are you? It would've been great if I could meet you in my dreams. My dear, I love you.'

⚡️⚡️⚡️

I freaked out when I realised what I had just done. Did I break his fingers? I have to admit that I used quite a bit of strength thanks to my temper when I slammed the door. Who asked this idiot to put his hand there? People might think I intended to injure him but come on, I seriously didn't think he would follow me all the way out.

When he squawked in pain, I frantically released the doorknob and pushed it back open. But what followed was a thud sound. Apparently, the door that I pushed back open so abruptly had knocked him in the face. It was truly an accident, people.

Never knew a door could be such a useful weapon aye?

"OH SHIT, JONGDAE-SSI!" I gasped. That was one of the rare times I properly acknowledged him. My guilt tripled when I learned that I hurt him twice. Stepping towards him with caution this time, I first examined his poor little fingers, checking every angle for any bruises or blood.

"Ahhh!!" He flinched when I twitched his finger a bit.

"D-does it hurt a lot?" I was genuinely concerned for once, then moving on to inspect his head, in case the second impact had left a mark. It was only a little red around his forehead, so I guess it's fine?

I looked at him again and our eyes finally met.

My goodness, the cold pair of eyes I expected to see had vanished. All that remained was a look of a vulnerable, innocent boy wincing an undeserving pain. My heart softened at this sight of him, but I snapped out of it really quickly. I cleared my throat and focused down on his hands, checking his fingers one more time and that's when I spotted a little cut on his middle finger.

Despite all that happened, what surprised me was a fact that Jongdae hasn't exploded at me. Was it because a lot of people were at the scene? Yeah, probably that. He would have been exposed if everyone witnessed the way he normally treated me.

"E-Erm, if you want, I'll help you with the first aid..." I offered, with guilt clear in my voice. Though I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want my help anymore.

"Rosie, what did you do?!" Jason walked up to us soon after I caused the ruckus. "Omo, what happened? Did you hurt your hand? Is it bad?" He attended to Jongdae.

"I can't move my fingers, it hurts... " He whined to Jason. Crap, Jason won't dismiss me because of this right?

I supported his fingers with tender care, not intending to let go until Jason ordered me to. It took one twist of event to turn me into a sheep who's too coward to defy anyone.

"I'll get someone else to help you with this injury and the first aid, I'm sorry about my clumsy assistant here-"

"-No!" Jongdae interrupted Jason out of nowhere. He cleared his throat and looked over at me. "W-Well, she made me like this...so she should take care of it."

I shot daggers at Jongdae and he did the same. He's planning to torture me, isn't he? Jason looked between the two of us but neither of us was going to give up the glaring contest. "I mean...Rosie can help if she wants to. She hasn't started work anyway, right?" Jason asked, eyeing me.

Oh cow, I do NOT really want to help now.

"Y-Yeah," I blinked. "Yeah, yeah..." I repeated several times, realising what I had carelessly signed up for. I couldn't say no if Jason put it that way...